Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 312

cosmiclifeform:
Hi WLFX,

First my disclaimer. I'm still only a novice coder and I looked inside the indicator and I do not quite understand what the code is doing.

In particular, it references EMA but I see nowhere that it gets any MA values. Same with Stoch. It uses the Stoch period to get Highs and Lows but does not seems to actually get Stoch values (main and signal). So I left the indicator as is, and I will hope that the following helps you with what you requested.

I found only one place that appears to get values based on the timeframe.

HighRange = High;

LowRange = Low;

To make it MTF - Add the following at the top:

extern int TimeFrame=0

Then replace the "0" in the above lines with TimeFrame:

HighRange = High;

LowRange = Low;

Add this to your indicator and recompile before you use it.

This should work to make it MTF, but I am not sure about the "Alert" function and how changing this MTF affects the alerts.

Hopefully a more advanced coder can take a look at this. I'd like to understand the code better myself.

Hope this helps you,

Robert

Hi Robert. apreciate your reply. But i am afraid i do not have any coding skills, though i asked for it here. Maybe more experienced coder can have a look on it. Thank you.

Had done what you said, but it do not work. And i am getting message in experts tab - "M1: zero divide"

Files:
qqe_spec.mq4  4 kb

MTF - OK in Strategy Tester - Zero Divide On Chart

wlfx:
Hi Robert. apreciate your reply. But i am afraid i do not have any coding skills, though i asked for it here. Maybe more experienced coder can have a look on it. Thank you. Had done what you said, but it do not work. And i am getting message in experts tab - "M1: zero divide"

Hi Wlfx,

I ran the code and I also got the Zero Divide error.

I added comments on screen to see the values. For some reason it seems to work in Strategy Tester mode, but placing it on the actual chart still gives the Zero Divide error with a different TF.

Attached are my Strategy Tester results. You can see that it is showing the different TimeFrames (60 30 15), so it's working...but not on charts?

I think we are close, but the code still confuses me as to what it is doing.

Hopefully someone with better coding skills will take this challenge to help you.

Good luck with this indicator,

Robert

PLEASE HELP: ATR_Channels_VarTFs_mtf_TMA.mq4

Does anyone know if this indicator (ATR_Channels_VarTFs_mtf_TMA.mq4) needs a tpl. file? It wont show up on my charts. I found it on the link below.

Thank you for your help.

mike

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

forgot to load up the ind.

thank you.

mike78:
forgot to load up the ind. thank you.

You need TMAcentered you can download it from the link you provided above.

cheers T

thanks Tools... that solved it.

mike

Does anyone have a MTF of the sto_StepMA_Stoch_v1.

Thank you in advance.

Looking for help to modify a market profile indicator

I found this market profile indicator here in this forum.... It looks great except that it's start time is 00:00....and I am in the US and would like the start time to be 17:00est. If someone could make this change, or make the time setting adjustable that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance...

Peter.

Files:

lumber:
Does anyone have a MTF of the sto_StepMA_Stoch_v1. Thank you in advance.

Yeah I'm sure it was posted somewhere in this thread.

You just have to look. But good luck though, hehehe.......

Reason: