Better Bollinger Bands... - page 20

GRF Leading edge indicator grfleadingedge.mq4

Hello Mrtools-Mladen,

I had found an interesting indicator in the first pages of this thread. It's Bollinger Bicolor as a histo.

Of course I have changed the colors :

Purple = the bands are constricting(opposite directions down)Gray= bands are expanding(opposite directions up)

Pale violetred = the bands are the same direction.

When you look at the picture, according to the alarm, at the green vertical line, there should be a purple coloring, but it's not there ...at 21h34 = 22h34 on the chart here

On the chart I have put a Better Bollinger Band for testing, it's in blue-yellow colors and that one does give a good signal, maybe I should use that one instead of the histo ...

Wulong10:
Hello Mrtools-Mladen,

I had found an interesting indicator in the first pages of this thread. It's Bollinger Bicolor as a histo.

Of course I have changed the colors :

Purple = the bands are constricting(opposite directions down)Gray= bands are expanding(opposite directions up)

Pale violetred = the bands are the same direction.

When you look at the picture, according to the alarm, at the green vertical line, there should be a purple coloring, but it's not there ...at 21h34 = 22h34 on the chart here

On the chart I have put a Better Bollinger Band for testing, it's in blue-yellow colors and that one does give a good signal, maybe I should use that one instead of the histo ...

Hi Wulong, the indicator is using a regular Bollinger band not the Better Bollinger band.

Yes, I know, but the alarm that you see comes from the Bicolor one, so according to the alarm the bar at the green vertical line should be purple instead of pale violetred.

I doesn't matter, I will use the Better one, I do not like histo after all.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Wulong10:
Yes, I know, but the alarm that you see comes from the Bicolor one, so according to the alarm the bar at the green vertical line should be purple instead of pale violetred.

I doesn't matter, I will use the Better one, I do not like histo after all.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Wulong your right I apologize, I will fix it and post a new updated corrected version shortly, Thanks.

Ok, thanks also, then I will see what the best one is in my case after all.

Wulong10:
Ok, thanks also, then I will see what the best one is in my case after all.

Wulong apparently i'm suffering from major brain deadness today , the original indicator was correct, only thing i can think of if you have alerts on current set to true, the alerts could be signaling before the bar close. Anyway did the update. So the indicator is coded that if the bands (upper/lower) are both expanding then it will give a green color by default and if both bands are constricting it will color the bar red, and if the bands are one expanding and the other constricting then the histo bars should be yellow.

Many thanks, Mrtools.

I will test it when I have time for it.

Must distribute my time between my wife, my four children, my numerous hobbies and sometimes I have time left to work on some things ...

I've been searching for BB indicator with alert when candle opens and closes fully outside the BB but still haven't found it. Doesn't matter is it bullish or bearish candle but open and close should be outside the BB. Anyone has seen such a thing?

triip:
I've been searching for BB indicator with alert when candle opens and closes fully outside the BB but still haven't found it. Doesn't matter is it bullish or bearish candle but open and close should be outside the BB. Anyone has seen such a thing?

Triip, if you leave alertsOnCurrent = false on this version it should work the way you describe.

Reason: