Better Bollinger Bands... - page 17

Bollinger bands buy sell zone bb_buysell_zone.ex4

Files:

Bollinger bands or better bollinger bands?

Hi.

I have tried both but cant quite decide which one to stick with.

The better bollinger bands does surely alert you about decreasing volatility way before standard bands, but it seems to me like the outer bands of the better bands are following the price more like a fast MA which leads to quite a few whipsaws.

Is there a standard Bollinger band indicator out there which has an alert when price break outer bands?

which do you prefer? and why?

Thanks alot

NWFstudent:
Hi.

I have tried both but cant quite decide which one to stick with.

The better bollinger bands does surely alert you about decreasing volatility way before standard bands, but it seems to me like the outer bands of the better bands are following the price more like a fast MA which leads to quite a few whipsaws.

Is there a standard Bollinger band indicator out there which has an alert when price break outer bands?

which do you prefer? and why?

Thanks alot

Try out the one from here : Forex TSD - forex forum - Download Bollinger bands_mtf+alerts+arrows nmc.mq4

hello friends

Who can possibly add visual allert when price touches the lower or upper Bollinger Band ?

pawello:
hello friends Who can possibly add visual allert when price touches the lower or upper Bollinger Band ?

Hello Pawello, check the link on the post before yours.

First I got to thank Mladen and Mr. Tools for the exceptional work done on the B^3 tool -the results are truly outstanding. I have spent the better part of two weeks testing them out carefully and it is applause all round. Of course trader perspective varies so much that I doubt everyone will see the power of tool at the same time - it will probably take time for more and more to come round to the view that this tool you guys worked so hard on is indeed so fundamental to trading as to be in the HG class of tools.

1. It provides the functionality (in terms of the theory and practice of band trading) that was frustratingly lacking in the regular BB. It is a world of difference and with the dependability it provides one can actually trade bands with confidence now. Of course band trading is not as simple as some tend to assume - you need a grounding in the theory and an understanding of the fractal structure of markets to appreciate when a band break for instance implies an extreme and actionable position. The fact is that time frames as we have them are as abitrary as any other attempt by man to make sense of stochastic space - and it is important to appreciate that a flow seen in M5 is the very same flow seen across the feed (M1 - MN) at the same point in time but to different effects based on time compression. There is therefore no sense in which an M5 move is isolated from other time frames - the market is a singularity and understanding the implications of that enable the use of this particular implementation to the point of gaining a definite edge.
  2. For instance one can now trade with almost 99% confidence the bias indicated by the relative positioning of price to the mean of this tool given price is returning from an indicated high or low based on the dependability of these implementations. And I can go on and on - but suffice it to say we really have a technical tool that works to spec in the output here of Mladen and Mr. Tools - thank you gentlemen.

I would however like to to make two observations. First the alerts while useful may provide greater functionality if a) made less sensitive (e.g. if it is possible to employ some sort of filter) and b) deployed as a panel indicator since i) they are crucial to use ii) it is clumsy and not always efficient to jump from time frame to time frame in order to gain information about developments important to decision making if we can just look up a screen that presents the entire scope at once and iii) because of the power of this tool to represent a complete trading system a panel setup for the alerts if added as an option would be fantastic. In fact with that it is a complete system of trading.

Second, and this is with special regard to Mladen - now that we have shown that the regular BB has a lot missing as is - how does this affect your powerful and I must say most useful RSI+Bollinger bands indicator? Would a recoding of that specific tool to reflect the updated math in the new B^3 implementation not provide improvement there as well? Just wondering since if it will it would be nice to have that as well.

In any case and though this is long - I think it was a landmark improvement made in an important tool which is not just a tool but a complete trading idea. I must tell you the impact on profit, confidence and heart beat rate are not only instant but noticably massive. Cheers to you both.

Multiple Bollinger Bands Deviation Lines

mbbd.mq4

Files:
mbbd.mq4  3 kb
mbbd_mql.png  98 kb

Darkdoji:
First I got to thank Mladen and Mr. Tools for the exceptional work done on the B^3 tool -the results are truly outstanding......

What on earth is the " tool B^3" ??????

A kind of new BB ?

Mi Bollinger Band mibollingerband.mq4

Files:
bb.gif  39 kb

Wulong10:
What on earth is the " tool B^3" ?????? A kind of new BB ?

Some funny mathematicians abbreviate World Wide Web with w^3 (w^3.forex-tsd.com). So B^3=BBB=Better Bollinger Bands && tool=indicator

...and so the circle is complete with mrtools and wwweb

Reason: