Astro... - page 2

magpie:
Hi Mazerashii, I think I know what you mean by a parabolic price move, but could you supply a chart to explain?

you often see these moves in conjuction with moon phases that exhaust the perception in the market from buyers to sellers. it's uncanny really. traders are sheep. so glad I found this correlation, it makes trading fun. I call it the hand of god effect. or hog for short.

Files:
parabolic.gif  21 kb

Just my opinion, but to simplify Gann's research and methodology down to Astrology would be doing him a disservice. Gann was researching harmonics and its effect on the world around us and us. A good book to look into for an introduction is "All About Technical Analysis" by Constance Brown. She discusses Fibonacci, Gann, and harmonics all throughout the book, but Gann comes in primarily in the last few chapters. If you're going to google harmonics, make sure you look for Pythagorean Inotation and not Equal Temperament. Equal Temperament is the harmonics related to European and American musical scales and not mathematical harmonics(phi). Also, look up the Gann Harmonic Wheel. It's really interesting and has links back the to building of the Pyramids in Egypt.

Mookfx

mezarashii:
or hog for short.

If you don't mind I'm gong to use 'hog' - all copyrights to yourself of course!

www.alcyone-ephemeris.info has a free ephemeris for download - however I have a question that maybe someone will be able to answer?!

How can you tell when mercury changes speed? I've backtested Larry Pesavento's book (he gives details for 1994-1995) and this is one of the best indicators for either a change in trend or an increase in thrust in the same direction as the previous trend.

I've downloaded the above ephemeris and looked at the dates but can't seem to work it out?....

Dates are:

1994:

Jan 19

Feb 11

Feb 20

Mar 5

May 2

Jun 12

Jun 24

Jul 5

Aug 8

Oct 9

Oct 20

Oct 29

Nov 26

Dec 7

Jan 1

Jan 25

Feb 4

Feb 16

Apr 18

May 24

Jun 5

Jun 17

Jul 24

Sep 24

Sep 22

Oct 4

Oct 13

Nov 4

magpie:

If you don't mind I'm gong to use 'hog' - all copyrights to yourself of course!

you'll have to sort that out with the head hog himself who actually owns that hand!

Well said

Bogdan:
I am a newbie on Forex market but have ten years of astrological experience. Truly to say there is no(at least simple and well-known) correlations between planetary patterns and market behavior. Otherwise it would be much more wealthy people among astrologers.

I like your point Bogdan.

Bogdan:
I am a newbie on Forex market but have ten years of astrological experience. Truly to say there is no (at least simple and well-known) correlations between planetary patterns and market behavior. Otherwise it would be much more wealthy people among astrologers.

I never heard of VOC Moon periods influence on prices though this phenomenon is widely used in astrology. You may read more about what VOC Moon is and how it allegedly does affect businesses

here and there. Those services are convenient because you may adjust the time zone to your place of residence.

As to Mercury speed changes, yes they are very often coincide with the major market moves. For example, you may see this graph where the Mercury longitude speed plotted over the DJIA rate (green line).

Hi Bogdan,

My favourite quote on the subject of financial astrology comes from JP Morgan (I'm sure he didn't die poor...) "Millionnaires don't use astrology, Billionnaires do!". I'm neither (yet) but after reading Larry Pesavento's books, nearly all the Gann books and other authors who wrote about Gann (install emule and you can download them) - if planet conjunctions are used with solid technical analysis (i.e. don't enter trades entirely on astrology) then the results are very good from what I've backtested and recently traded (March and April are going to be interesting). Another author who's written on Gann plus astrology called Patrick Mikula, wrote a book where a computer was used to work out the past planetary conjunctions and these were placed on price charts. Every possible conjunction, over 500 US stocks and most commodities were tested and analysed (a lot of work...) and the results are in his book for which planetary conjunctions are the most reliable for each stock or commodity -it's an in depth statistical work with some truly amazing results.

Mikula's written other excellent books too.

All the Pesavento books are very good also, with three dealing with astrology. The backtesting I've done has been eye opening, that's why i'm really wanting to know how to work out when Mercury changes speed as it relates very directly to forex - can you help?.

...but... don't believe me as to financial astrology's validity, get the books and do some back testing!

Magpie

Hi Bogdan,

really appreciate the reply and the link! is the link your site? Nice site! I didn't come across it in my financial astrology travels on Google unfortunately.

Your explanation of mercury changing speed also helped to clarify things for me and has set me on a graphical ephemeris path now.... A very profitable trader I crossed paths with last year very kindly sent on the odd chart and I asked him what all the weird lines were on his chart, he explained they were planet elipses and the odd looking sigils were conjunctions. I pretty much ignored that bit and took his technical knowledge and book recommendations to heart. A Pesavento recommendation came later in relation to Fib relationships and pattern recognition, but his other books were all financial astrology based - my interest was piqued again.... the graphical ephemeris with the S&P on it reminded me of his chart.

In the books you've read you didn't mention reading Pesavento or Mikula (Bryce Gilmore is another), I'm sure your opinion would be swayed after reading these authors.

The Pesavento graph is excellent! Coming from a trading point of view and using a basic slow stochastic and the conjunctions, a very healthy profit would have been made in 1983-84, just by using the conjunctions - no doubt the results would be better than a moving average cross.

Does your software have the capability to produce the 83-84 Pesavento chart?

As an aside, if financial astro signals are giving a 70% hit rate then you can make good money and some I've backtested are around the 70%+ mark (for a turn or extra trend direction thrust). Would an astrologer doing his/her normal daily work be pleased with a 70% prediction hit rate? In the end it's a pretty subjective subject but there is statistical significance if your knowledge, discipline and approach are correct, just like trading is....

I'm beginning to use the relevant astro signals as more of a 'heads up'. I'll only ever trade off my technical signals, but an astro signal in or around the time of a technical signal adds more weight to the overall probability of a trade, plus the more I delve into the subject of astrology the more interesting I'm finding it!

For instance it's the 9th of March today and the venus uranus conjunction is occuring next week - 'the ides of March....', plus I now know due to your link that mercury is changing speed then too... Fundamentally there's a lot going on with the Yen at the moment, technically the JPY pairs are making turns or strong pattern set ups that spell a big move soon. March is going to be a big month for the Yen and the Japanese economy.

Thanks again Bogdan!

March is going to be a big month for the Yen and the Japanese economy.

I'm waiting for the USD/JPY extremum on March 25. Since it is Saturday, consider Friday or Monday.

Reason: