Moon Phases - What do you think?

There is a big variety of ways of predicting the market.
One of them is Moon Phases - due to how they affect human nature.
Full Moon being bearish (biased to the negative side of things), and New Moon being bullish (the opposite).

What's your approach on that? or did you even know such thing exists?

Cheers!

There is thread about it: Astro...
and I found indicator in CodeBase:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Astro...

Sergey Golubev, 2022.05.26 09:25

Astro Indicators - indicator for MetaTrader 5

Astro Indicators - indicator for MetaTrader 5

There are three Astro Indicators:

1. PlanetCycles Show the Angle (Aspect) between the two selected planets;
  2. Declination Show the declination of all planets;
  3. BodyPosition Show the Position of all planets.

Select the Flag geocentric in the Indicator Parameter panel. Otherwise the view is heliocentric.

Astro... - I'm interested in searching of connetion among planets, Moon and other movements in space
Astro... - I'm interested in searching of connetion among planets, Moon and other movements in space
  • www.mql5.com
Hi guys, i was wondering if anybody in this forum is interested in searching of connetion among planets,moon and other movements in space. First i read about planets movements and found that there was a connection, peaks and bottons happened when different planets were on a line with the sun but it was a big cycle and there were extra conditions

Krzysztof Jan Debski:
Full Moon being bearish (biased to the negative side of things), and New Moon being bullish (the opposite).

Cheers!

What do I think?

Total *!!#!*/#!

Explain how that would work with forex.

For USDJPY to go up, USD is bullish and JPY is bearish. The moon has no influence on this.

You may apply it to stocks or indices. But for cfds or forex, the cycle is too slow and you don't know how to set the stop loss. Gann could be the first ones who traded stocks/commodities with astrology.

Astrologically speaking, the power is the strongest when the full moon happens in Cancer or Cappricorn. I don't remember if it's from Gann's books, Sun crossing signs/solstices could also indicate a change of trend. 

Krzysztof Jan Debski:

Cheers!

Given that calendar months are derived from lunar cycles, its quite possible
 there could be some natural correlation with normal monthly activity and the related peaks/troughs. Same could be so for annual cycles/solar cycles I guess, or festival times when spending increases

Krzysztof Jan Debski:

Cheers!
I think that's pretty much nonsense ;D

Just do a backtest and find out.

once i have tested a strategy on Ethereum using Moon Cycle which i was able to find using Astrolog software

I found correlation on every big move based on it, so quiet possible.

Yes, it totally works!

You buy at Full Moon at set your Stop-Loss at just below Sunrise. Set your Take-Profit at Over the Moon, or let it run once in a Blue Moon.  

When it reaches the New Moon phase, sell everything you have with a Stop-Loss at Mercury and a Take-Profit at Venus.

But be careful! — If Jupiter is up, then stop trading immediately and check yourself into a hospital, as you may suffer from financial delusions.

A post has been deleted.

Do not post images of non-standard indicators or EAs unless you are also able to attach the source code.

For the sake of discussion i see no problem in images from some indicator to illustrate something.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, it totally works!

You buy at Full Moon at set your Stop-Loss at just below Sunrise. Set your Take-Profit at Over the Moon, or let it run once in a Blue Moon.  

When it reaches the New Moon phase, sell everything you have with a Stop-Loss at Mercury and a Take-Profit at Venus.

But be careful! — If Jupiter is up, then stop trading immediately and check yourself into a hospital, as you may suffer from financial delusions.

Don't tell my strategy... ;)

Reason: