Algo-Sniffing - page 6

C-4:
You be careful. A couple more posts like this and you'll be a candidate for ban #3. We don't talk much to pests (I used to be one myself, but now I've been reeducated by the party).
Come on, I don't bother anyone with tics. :) Although, few stock exchange terminals have a good tick chart (there's a problem with time-stamps, at least). People still, the old-school ones, use T&S. :) Actually it's a very effective thing, on the right stock. It's not Forex, a lot of things from books work on the stock exchange. ;)

GaryKa:

Please note the title of the thread. There is no mention of the platform. Let's discuss exchange algorithms in a tone we need, not that MT doesn't have. Implementation is a second matter, if there was something to implement. We have people here with direct hands; if you can't do it on MT, you can do it on something else.

If you do not know what to do with it, you may use it for trading, or you may not know what to do with it. If you want to use FX algorithms on xforex - my opinion - 99% loss of time, effort and self-belief. These are very different things.

HideYourRichess:
Come on, I'm not picking on anyone with tics. :) Although, few stock exchange terminals have a good tick chart (there's a problem with timestamps, at least). People still, the old-school ones, use T&S. :) It's actually a very effective thing, on the right stock. It's not Forex, a lot of things from books work on the stock exchange. ;)
I heard so many new terms that I really felt I was in the second quarter of first class. I feel like I'm in the second grade. ))) Please recommend me something to read to fill in the blanks. I've read so many books, but I guess I've been reading the wrong books. )))

I don't know where to read it, and there's no point. Any (mostly) book becomes obsolete as soon as it comes out of print. And if you wait for translations and so on. - all the more so. Markets change frequently. Don't believe me, there's a very brief overview of how the American stock market has changed "globally" over the past 10-12 years in One Good Trade. I would have shot the author at least three times for a book full of water and some bullshit, but a few pages are really interesting. By the way, right now, this week it looks like there is some movement in the market - old strategies are not so pleasing to the eye, new ones have not been worked out yet ;) so good luck!

HideYourRichess:

... . All this is true, but before it comes to that, normal stock charts should appear in the terminal. Usually the chart shows the price of the last trade and the actual traded volume, not bids or asks and incomprehensible ticks. ...

Is this a good thing? There will be problems on such a graph, as well as on a clean bidet. My point is that I think the priority of having an asc history is higher.

Does it make sense to build the possibility to trade stock instruments into a forex platform at all, it will take a lot of effort, and will there be any demand - do companies providing the opportunity to trade on the stock - clients who simultaneously trade on the forex? Although for advertising it is certainly a good argument.

220Volt:

Is this a good thing? There will be problems on such a graph as well as on a clean bidet. My point is that I think the priority of having an asc history is higher.

In the market it is important to know what other traders are doing - it's such a maxim, illuminated by, I don't know, decades or more likely centuries of trading. The only "legitimate" way to know what others are doing is to see the seriousness of intentions in terms of transaction prices. Many strategies are based on this, and very old ones that still work. In mt4 and in mt5 we don't have such an opportunity. There are four components of market data: supply/demand, deal prices, traded volumes, external factors. All this is extremely important for success, but in mt there is only half of this information (external factors, let's say, are not too lazy to look somewhere on the side). Hence the conclusions and criticism.

The very fact that none of the normal brokers providing access to FORTS or MICEX provides services on MT5 indicates that the platform for the exchange is not ready, although certified for more than a year. (If anyone knows, let me know in private. I do not need to offer me conditions from Insta and other pseudo-brokers) For Forex it is normal (probably a matter of habit), because I know other platforms, but did not work.

Imho, it's all bullshit. Whether you are a market maker or a regular trader. It's all about the difference in experience and sums invested. The trader gets nervous on a 10 000 P drawdown, the market maker on a 100 000 000 P drawdown. Emotions are essentially the same. Buying creates a snowball effect of buying, the same goes for selling. The process is chaotic and regulated only by emotions: greed, fear, vanity. Hence, the volatility. Additional chaos also creates a mixture of well-algorithmic MM and "manual", with a large component of greed and desire to average, to win back losses.

Renat:

Being on the other side and not knowing the processes in place, it is impossible to draw reliable conclusions.

You make them.

We will follow the facts.

There are press releases about opportunities to work on the stock exchange. There are no real transactions.

They promised two brokers in August, two months have passed without even a demo. We are waiting for new facts.

Z.U. The fact that the platform is super and the brokers are stupid do not want to take it is a little presumptuous statement.

Reason: