Marks trendline cross system 1000 pips - page 3

Alp, I think you provided typical example thanks.

it is not at the exact cross from the chart that you will know it has crossed live trading but at the close when the new value is calcualted and a line is drawn in between the new point and the last point.

So from there you can see that it can change as much as 50-70 pips from your back test.

Saying that, you could have a look at a smaller time frame (5 Min) when the 2 lines are geting dangerously close and going totally oposite direction at the last 1H close.

S.

Addition

hi

Great indicator sunwest.

Would you please post how to use icustom to get the value of the cross back.

I think one when one gets an up cross, place a buystop at the high of the previous bar + 5pips. If the price is higher then this just enter. This order should have a stoploss equal to the low of the previous bar or 'your stop loss' which ever presents the least loss. And then let the order stand until it is filled or the cross goes the opposite direction. And have a good exit stratergy.

Alternatively the long LSMA line looks like it should work well if used in the Catfx type of system.

Stay well

sunwest:
Ok thanks for the precision.

Here is an EA based from the LSMA with 2 LSMA lines together (slow + fast) and an arrow at the crossover to buy and sell.

S.

Sunwest,

Is it possible for you to add alert for an arrow? Like TrendManger when it turns blue or red, the alert pops on the screen and email is sent.

Thanks...

Good day all

Thank you all for your post and comments. I feel we have a couple things going for us, we are new to the market, and we are thick skinned. the reason we are on this forum is because we know there are a lot of people who have been down this road.

The best way to learn is find an expert in the field, and I think this is the place for that. Please keep giving comments and feed back. since this is the frist time I have ever posted on any forum its a little scary for me.

Any way lets get on with the program.

I have a question how do I copy the comment from a post? I want to copy them into my post so it makes it easy to comment on.

as soon as i get a few things ready I will start posting my trades.

Thanks

Mark

Trade

Trade for today so far

2/9/06 15:34 GMT gbpusd Short @ 1.7338 stop loss 27 take profit 10,20,30,40,50.

Hiya

Thanks Cardio, the command should not be too hard to get, the only thing is now I am not at home so I cannot verify.

What I am thinking of doing is an EA with the calculation of the indicator implemented inside as the iCustom call is far too slow for backtest.

Regarding your suggested entry strategy I think I could implement that, would you mind providing an example of this on a chart ?

FXHound, yes an alert can be added, I think it is just a couple of lines at the end of the EA, I would do that tonight unless someone else dont mind adding the lines in the EA for us.

DMCST I agree with you, with the effort of everyone the system can stay quite simple but smart and optimised.

S.

Trades

Couple more trades comming up

eurjpy, eurusd real soon

Mark

DMCST, just a question as I cannot verify now, does the indicator I posted last night is showing the arrows for the gbpusd as 15:00 -> 16:00 hour bar is not finished ?

Thanks

sunwest:
DMCST, just a question as I cannot verify now, does the indicator I posted last night is showing the arrows for the gbpusd as 15:00 -> 16:00 hour bar is not finished ? Thanks

Yes, the arrow is showing now at 16:00 hour bar eventhough it is not completed yet. Is that what you wanted the arrow to do?

tradin

Thanks for the help. I am in and out this morning and not always at the computer.

Mark

Reason: