Ema Cross! - page 69

Modification

Hello!

Small a question.

Is it possible when the 2 EMA give 2 conditional position?

Example a EMA200 and a EMA10

1 - buy_stop + 20 pips

and another

2 - sell_stop moin - 20 pips

How I can do this?

hank you very much for your work.

In a friendly way.

Sorry for my poor English !

Modification of EMA_CROSS

There is my strategy.

EMA 100 whit levels +20 and -20

EMA 20

If sombody can help me to modify the EMA_CROSS

2 conditional orders BUY_STOP + 20 and SEL_STOP -20

Take profit of 20 pips.

Files:
emaexpert.gif  29 kb

Excused, is possible to insert in EMA_cross-2 the number of identification of the orders?

Hi,

I found super-signal attached very usefulwith EMA cross . I want to use it in the mobile PC.

As the mobile PC does not suppoet the custom indicator ,please tell me how can I get the indicator with the embeded indicators/ logic in the meta-trader4.

I hope you will kindly answer.

Regards,

Siddesh

)

Files:

Making this pay off earlier....

Hi all,

great thread. Have been looking at FX for a while and decided independently that a Moving Av cross was the way to go. Then i found this thread :-))))

Coders Guru's settings of EMA10xEMA80 are excellent. Few trades means less spread and slippage to pay. I was standing in the shower and realised one problem. The only problem is that the pay off is quite long. Typically 3-5 months. I want to quit my shitty job and get trading quicker than that!

I had originally decided (before finding this thread) on a EMA5xEMA10 setting but wanted to get better entries and exits (by about 50 pip both ways) by using a M1 TF and using the settings of EMA5 and MA4000. Sounds crazy I know but take a look. Unfortunately I can't get any more than 4000 out of MT4. 5000 or 6000 would be better.

Now, this triggers 5 times the number of trades as 5/10. If we added a 'Pip Entry Barrier' of 15 pips this brings it back to just twice the number of trades. SOunds a lot but the result is more pips than the 5/10 setting.

The end result of a EMA5xEMA10 or EMA5xMA4000 setting is less pips overall than EMA10xEMA80 but a more regular income..

Could somebody add this as a mod please??

------------------

mmmmmm......

I had originally said Coders Guru's settings were excellent but that was off a cursory glance. It looks great with no noise but it leaves a hell of a lot of pips on the table on most entries and exits, so much so that there would be a reasonable loss on many trades. Sure it loks great at the cross but where you take the actual trade is another matter. I haven't manually backtested these settings but 'm pretty sure this is going to be the case. I manually backtested 5/10 settings on a daily chart and thought 'I'm gonna be rich!' but soon worked out after manually trading a cross that you are many pips off the mark.

The great thing about the cross as a signal is that it ALWAYS keeps going in the same direction. The trouble is that we don't know how long for. As i said before, if we wait for a cross to get out, you will end up with a loss most times (esp ading on slippage and spread). Using a TP limits you on the big runs and will unlikely be enough to recoup your previous losses.

Given that it ALWAYS goes in the same direction means that we know we can get at least SOME pips out of it. What would make this system really kick is a BREAKEVEN point. Once the trade has gone say 30 pips in our favour we move the SL to our entry price. That way most times we get stopped out for 0 pips loss (we may lose the spread).

With this method you can let the profits run until the next cross and get 300, 600, 900 pips.

Best regards. Robert.

YOUR MA EA is good

Hi Coders Guru,

I like your EMA Cross EA...

But after I try with many time change parameters and Time Frame and also some currency pairs...

I believe that this EMA will be better if:

-. Open buy or sell by CROSSING

-. Closed buy or sell also buy CROSSING or around 2 candle before EMA CROSS

No TP, NO SL and NO Trailing Stop Can U make it?

codersguru:
Hi folks,

Could somebody tell me what does he think about this simple EA?

It works good in metatrader back tester .

Note: The back testing optimized for the maximum accuracy results.

Sorry to see this thread discontinue, it was a good one.

N2

Why buy??

codersguru:
Hi folks,

I've created an indicator to help you to see what happens with the EMA CROSS expert advisor.

Just attach the indicator to the chart and tell me what do you think?

Inputs:

ShortEma:Set the Short EMA value to the same value of the expert, default and recommended value = 10.

LongEma:= Set the Long EMA value to the same value of the expert, default and recommended value = 80.

UpCross:Set the color of the arrow in the case of short ema crossing long ema upward, default = Gold.

DownCross:= Set the color of the arrow in the case of short ema crossing long ema downward, default = DarkGreen.

ArrowCode:Set the the arrow code (the image of the arrow) in the case of short ema crossing long ema , default = 34(scissors).

Alert_On: = Set this value to true if you want to get alert in the case of crossing, default = true.

Hi codersguru,

i like simple EA, i like your EMA Cross,

but please look at my screenshot, there is a false buysignal amd i dont know why.

The EMA is not crossing, but there is a buy signal, please can you help me??

Thanks and regards

gatowman

Files:
emacross_5m.jpg  139 kb

SIDDESH:
Hi,

I found super-signal attached very usefulwith EMA cross . I want to use it in the mobile PC.

As the mobile PC does not suppoet the custom indicator ,please tell me how can I get the indicator with the embeded indicators/ logic in the meta-trader4.

I hope you will kindly answer.

Regards,

Siddesh

)

Dont use these types of indicators, it will give you wrong impression of the market and also at some point or other u might follow it blindly and lose fonds.

I cant consider this even as a visual aid, because the truth is that the arrows align very well with chart history, but in reality it generate so many fake signals for the future, i blew my account once using this super and that silver trend signals.

Just do the TA hardwork and enjoy the sweet fruits, instead of too much easy looking and too good to be true and account got blown from fake signals :P

may i know wuts the last version EMA_CROSS??

im using EMA_CROSS_2...got it from mql.com.

any which time frame for this system work?

Reason: