Discussion - page 98

give me solution

I want to use this EA but i am not sure how is working i mean how proof result has.Does anybody know someting about this EA:10pipsProExpertAdviser

10PipsPro Expert Advisor: Backtest EUR/USD 10pipspro v3

godfather4:
I want to use this EA but i am not sure how is working i mean how proof result has.Does anybody know someting about this EA:10pipsProExpertAdviser 10PipsPro Expert Advisor: Backtest EUR/USD 10pipspro v3

correct me if im wrong but you are looking at buying an ea with only back tests as proof and with only a few weeks forward trading.

VERY VERY bad idea. hell you would be 100x better off to join the Elite section for 1 day and download every ea an indicator than to buy an ea you don't understand.

have a look around here for a week or 2.

cheers

that why i am asking about this one.I was in elite section and download few EA!

One member asked about scripts for opening of manual orders with magic numbers.

So, the scripts are on this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174881/page5

and all other scripts/tools are here listed https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2

Many EAs are profitable since 2006 forward testing with same settings. EAs are very different.

Go to this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044 (first post of the thread) and download excel files (updating every weekend) and go to the link to download the statements.

Every EA is having separated thread.

Is there any profitable EA?

I looked around some threads "EAs' files"

but I couldn't find.

I tested some EA "EAs' files"

but it's backtest was not good.

Is there any profitable EA?

I want profitable EA with backtest report at least one years.

thank you for reply

I tested some "EAs' files"

but it's not good at backtest

Files:

You backtested.

But I forward tested for few years with the statements posted every weekend.

There are some differences between backtesting and forward testing.

Forward testing is the following: attach EA to the chart and forget for few yours and posting the statements every weekend.

I understand that it is not easy for the members to do some research just to select some EA to use. Besides, as you all know I am not doing any suggestions concerning recommendation about "use this EA" or "use that EA".

I connected some elite section EAs with RAS service https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178803

I connected EAs 10th of October.

It is Scalp_net_v1.5 foward testing since 10th of October:

It is Envelope EA (which you backtested):

It is Alpha already connected with RAS. By the way, the different settings for Alpha is more profitable. I just connected one version of the settings only:

Difference between backtesting and forward testing was described many times in this section.

For example.

MaChannel. This EA is profitable with USDCHF with default settings. But not for all the brokers. Why profitable? I tested it live for few years. But backtesting is very different from forward testing because EA is coded on high/low of the bar (we can see it inside the code havoing mql4 source file).

The other example.

Firebird EA. Backtesting can not be valid is EA was coded on open bar (we can see it inside the code havoing mql4 source file).

Next example.

qq EA. It is very very profitable for backtesting. Not so profitable with forward testing. EA is based on momentum indicator but it was coded on open bar.

Next example.

Brainwashing EAs. Some versions are profitable for some pairs since January 2006 forward testing with same settings. Backtesting is different because iTrend indicator is having differenht value with different broker. We know it because I used this system manually for many month on real account posting the results on BrainTrading public section of the forum.

Next example.

StepMaExperts versions.

Backtesting is different from forward testing (because of the systenm itself). Besides, forward testing results are different for different brokers. I am forward testing it for IBFX, Alpari and Fibo Group broker. The results are different. Some pairs are very profitable for some brokers.

Goldwarrior EA versions.

EA is based on zigzag and CCI indicators. It is profitable for 3 pairs since 2006. It is profitable consistently for some pairs since 2006. But the performance is different for different broker. I do not know why. Sadaloma (member of our forum) was the first who said about it forward testing this EA for few months with different broker (somewhere on public thread few years ago).

I have many example.

And it is well-known cases described many times here.

----------

Member who is selling EA based on backtesting results only is scammer. It is well-known case as well. Because no one can see how his EA was coded.

----------

Backtesting section is here Portfolio.

In this section Expert Analysis is forward testing results only.

-----------

I stopped backtesting EAs. Sometimes I ambacktesting just to see how EAs are working and to find some errors. But if I want to use some EA with Alpari Russian broker so I can optimize the settings for few months using Alpari Russian broker data. INFX broker? IBFX data. And so on.

But most good is the following:

it is necessary to know the system and to trade this system manually to correct the settings.

And in most of the cases: use some selected EA on demo account comparing the performance with my performance to correct the settings.

It is impossible to be profitable with EAs for the long time without any research.

Besides, every EA is having positive and negative moments/issues/side. It is necessary to know about "what is bad with this EA". Because many people are describing the positive sides only. But it is necessary to know negativity with selected EA to analyze the losses.

Reason: