Contest - page 15

Please find updated statements (attached) for MAChannel EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

Files:
machannel.zip  40 kb

MAChannel EA.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

H1 timeframe.

Default settings.

EURUSD and USDCHF.

Starting with 5,000 deposit.

0.1 lot size.

No any money management.

North Finance broker.

Visual statements:

newdigital:
PriceCross

-------------------

Settings: Default.

TF: 1H

Pairs:

"EURUSD","USDCHF","GBPUSD","EURJPY"

MaChannel

-------------------

Pairs:

"EURUSD","EURGBP","GBPUSD"

Please find forward testing statements attached for MaChannel EA.

And just for information:

MaChannel is here (old version) and fixed version is here.

Files:
machannel.zip  46 kb

newdigital:
Please find forward testing statements attached for MaChannel EA.

And just for information:

Please find updated statements.

Files:
machannel_1.zip  47 kb

newdigital:
MaChannel

-------------------

Pairs:

"EURUSD","EURGBP","GBPUSD"

The members are asking to use this EA with IBFX broker which is having EURUSDm instead of EURUSD, EURGBPm instead of EURGBP and so on.

Just open this EA in MetaEditor and you will see:

string LP[] = {"EURUSD","EURGBP","USDCHF"}; // add/remove the pairs you want to limit.

So, just type

EURUSDm

instead of

EURUSD

and so on

MaChannel EA performance for this week:

USDCHF: +220 pips closed; +264 pips still open.

EURUSD: -109 pips closed; -88 pips still open.

EURGBP: -10 pips closed; -2 pips still open.

See excel file for full performance since the beginning.

Files:
machannel.zip  28 kb

codersguru:
That's GREAT! But the version you have has a little bug!

I don't know how it made profit!

for(cnt=0;cnt<total;cnt++)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

{

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) //<-- Long position is opened

{

if(UseClose)

{

if(CloseBuyCondition) //<-- Close the order and exit!

{

CloseOrder(OrderType()); return(0);

}

}

TrailOrder(OrderType()); return(0); //<-- Trailling the order

}

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL) //<-- Go to short position

{

if(UseClose)

{

if(CloseSellCondition) //<-- Close the order and exit!

{

CloseOrder(OP_SELL); return(0);

}

}

TrailOrder(OrderType()); return(0); //<-- Trailling the order

}

}

}[/PHP]

It should be:

[PHP]for(cnt=0;cnt<total;cnt++)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

{

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) //<-- Long position is opened

{

if(UseClose)

{

if(CloseBuyCondition) //<-- Close the order and exit!

{

CloseOrder(OrderType());

}

}

TrailOrder(OrderType()); //<-- Trailling the order

}

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL) //<-- Go to short position

{

if(UseClose)

{

if(CloseSellCondition) //<-- Close the order and exit!

{

CloseOrder(OP_SELL);

}

}

TrailOrder(OrderType()); //<-- Trailling the order

}

}

}

Attached the fixed version!

Hi

My backtests are showing losses of over 5000 pips.Is there preset ea somewhere which matches published performance of machannel on euro/usd and usd/chf

regards

El Cid

el cid:
Hi

My backtests are showing losses of over 5000 pips.Is there preset ea somewhere which matches published performance of machannel on euro/usd and usd/chf

regards

El Cid

This EA was coded on high/low of the bar and backtesting will not match the forward testing in this case. Besides, the brokers' data are too different concerning high/low of the bar. And because of that the performance of this EA will be different with different brokers.

It is something about this EA coded and different brokers data.

Only forward testing is reliable with this EA. It is not a bug. This EA was coded on hgh/low of the bar and it is this case only.

If some members want to use this EA with different brokers so it is necessary to forward test it with default settings comparing the trades with my trades just to correct the settings.

For example: if you want to use this Ea with IBFX so you need to forward test it with IBFX (default settings, H1 timeframe) and compare the trades with my North Finance trades and after that correct yoyr IBFX settings. It is the only way to use such kind of EAs which were coded on high/low of the bar.

We had one case with this MaChannel EA.

I am testing it with North Finance broker with very very good results. And Codersguru (author) used this EA with last Metaquotes contest. Metaquotes had IBFX data in that time for the contest. So,I am demoing with North Finance for elite section, and Codersguru demoing with Metaquotes/IBFX for the conest. My results were great and very profitable and Codersguru demoing was not profitable and was completely different.

It is only because this EA was coded on high/low of the close bar.

The other EA which can not be backtested or optimized by backtesting is Firebird: it was coded on close bar, open bar and high/low of close bar simultaniously and because of that no one backtesting is reliable with this EA.

The other EA which can not be backtested is Brainwashing all the versons: the level of iTrend indicator is very different for differen brokers and fully depends on the broker's data. Only forward testing can show something. Or trading manually Brainwashing is manual trading system so it is easy to select the setting manually by indicators).

The other one is DayTrading3. No any backtesting is reliable. Because of some specific coding. It is not bug. It was done especially for the better performance but sorry by forward testing only.

The other ones are MTF EAs almost all the versions.

I don't like to backtest EAs. The settings should be suggested by author of EA, or we may select it from same manual trading system in most cases.

I am backtesting EA sometimes just to see that EA works with no error and to have some idea about how it works.

But in some cases backtesting is useless.

In previous post I mentioned about 5 cases (EAs) which we don't need to backtest as backtesting will not match forward testing.

Some EAs which we may backtest to find the better settings:

- SBS all the versions;

- 20pips EA;

- TPE;

- Scalp_net all the versions;

- KSRobot;

- EasyLMA;

- Mandarine;

- e-Friday and e-Monday;

and some others.

Some EAs will have very different performance with different brokers:

- all Step versions;

- all Scalp_net versions;

- all MTF EAs (anyone in elite section and public forum).

- Newstrader all the versions.

To use this EAs with different brokers the members need to backtest it with their brokers (not Alpari data), and forward test if comparing the trades with my trades just to correct the settings for their particular broker.

Same case with SBS and TPE all the vertions (comparing the trades to correct the settings) but those cases with SBS and TPE are different: it is something about the time to open pending orders (it is nothing with data feed; it is just to set the time corectly for different brokers).

It is related to all EAs in the world but many people simple don't mention those cases thinking that EA itself is "unificated robot" and will work with every broker with same settings but practically it is not.

For example: Daytrading 3 EA is not working with IBFX broker with any settings (will not be profitable). Because of spikes in data for IBFX. And this EA may work with Alpari broker. But to know the performance it is necessary to forward test it ebacsue we can not make any conclusion using backtesting for this EA (Dayrading3). That is why i am forward testing some EAs for many months here.

Reason: