Discussion - page 8

astpaul:
Hi,

I am Arnaud and very new at all this automatic trading.

I just subscribed to the Elite subscription and i was wondering which system is best to choose. Before trying each and everyone of them i thought i'd better ask the ones who know

Which system has the best ratio/loss on automatic trading? WHich one would you advise?

Thanks a lot

Read this post to know how to start.

I also need to know that

Hi,

Like Arnaud I also would like to know where to find this magic expert (3000 pips per month). I am new in this forum. I am also trying to learn how to create my own expert. DOes anyone know where I can find a good tutorial to learn. Also is it better to use the MT4 Backtesting or the tradestation or Amibroker? Thank you

frenchtrader:
Hi, Like Arnaud I also would like to know where to find this magic expert (3000 pips per month). I am new in this forum. I am also trying to learn how to create my own expert. DOes anyone know where I can find a good tutorial to learn. Also is it better to use the MT4 Backtesting or the tradestation or Amibroker? Thank you

3000 pips is total leaders summarized.

I was trying to learn using Codersguru lessons on this forum.

As to backtesting so I do not know. We are doing forward testing.

Which EA?

Can we have a detailed summary of all EA performance in Excel or in table format.

I noticed in total leaders some EA are dropped from testing some new added and some EA timeframe or setting are changed during testing.

How can we find some EA with consistent and low profit, or some recomendataion from testers?

Thanks

laserjet:
Can we have a detailed summary of all EA performance in Excel or in table format.

I noticed in total leaders some EA are dropped from testing some new added and some EA timeframe or setting are changed during testing.

How can we find some EA with consistent and low profit, or some recomendataion from testers?

Thanks

You may check the Weekly Performance thread. All the EAs are on this thread with big or small profit. Weekly and totally in pips for each pair.

And in weekly statements for all the EAs testing.

And there are the threads with the same name as EA. All the settings and changes are posted there. And in Weekly Performance thread as well. Just follow this weekly thread and you will know everything.

newdigital:
3000 pips is total leaders summarized.

I was trying to learn using Codersguru lessons on this forum.

As to backtesting so I do not know. We are doing forward testing.

what is the difference between forward testing and backtesting. Is it that you test in a real demo account? I just to learn about the MT4 language. Where can I do that?

newdigital:
You may check the Weekly Performance thread. All the EAs are on this thread with big or small profit. Weekly and totally in pips for each pair.

And in weekly statements for all the EAs testing.

And there are the threads with the same name as EA. All the settings and changes are posted there. And in Weekly Performance thread as well. Just follow this weekly thread and you will know everything.

During the weekend I am posting everything in this weekly performance thread. All the EAs are calculated there. I am doing it first. It is most usefull thread: all tested EAs are calculated in this thread.

The other usefull threads is having the name which is the same with EAs. For example:

- MandarineXL v0.2;

- GoldWarrior02b;

and so on.

All new versions, settings are there.

And after that I am doing the total leaders. Total leaders thread is for the people who are already selected some EA and want to see some competition.

We may do any competition. It is the competition concerning the winning pips. It may be competition concerning the losses for example (some EAs did not lose even single time during the more than 2 months for some pairs).

After that I am posting the statements.

The statements are posted in weekly performance thread (weekly statements) and the statements from the beginning of the testing updated are posted in the respective threads (MandarineXL v0.2, GoldWarrior02b and so on).

question about MT4

I am not sure this is the place to post this kind of answer and if it is not please let me know.

When I try to backtest with MT4 I get very weird answer. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. There is three models to use:

every tickes

control points

open price only.

What should I use. What is the difference?

what is the modelling quality. How much should it be to know that I have a good EA

I just want to find a simple profitable EA that gives me a monthly income. That's all. Any recommendation?

Thank you

frenchtrader:
what is the difference between forward testing and backtesting. Is it that you test in a real demo account? I just to learn about the MT4 language. Where can I do that?

Backtesting is the testing EA using Strategy Tester.

Forward testing is testing EA on demo account in real time.

frenchtrader:
I am not sure this is the place to post this kind of answer and if it is not please let me know.

When I try to backtest with MT4 I get very weird answer. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. There is three models to use:

every tickes

control points

open price only.

What should I use. What is the difference?

what is the modelling quality. How much should it be to know that I have a good EA

I just want to find a simple profitable EA that gives me a monthly income. That's all. Any recommendation?

Thank you

We are not backtesting.

We are testing on demo account (forward testing).

It is very difficult to find the profitable EA using backtesting.

Just look at the weekly performance thread, look at the statements (forward testing results), select something for yourself and then go to the respective EA's thread (mandarine, or Envelope etc) to see the settings, to find the answer, questions, other people's opinion (which are different from mine for example) etc.

What is "other people's opinion"? Some people were tested (are testing) some EAs separatedly from us. They have access to this section as well and may have different opinion (or the same one).

Reason: