Ojala EA - page 5

eric79:
1, 2 or 3 seconds does not make very much difference. Normally you should get the price you want or 2 - 4 pips away.

But in these cases where you have to wait long, maybe 10 seconds it makes a difference. That's when they fill the orders manually. Then you usually get a requote.

But it's different at every broker.

eric,

I don't know how to thank you!

So, can we trust the demo accounts (forward mode) and can we consider the money we make with a demo account the same as the money we can make in a live account ?

EX: Ojala EA made 7 USD till now in a 2 days in a 100USD demo account, which means at the end of the month it will duplicate the account balance (7*21 = 147USD). Could this be done in a real account ?

I think we can, but maybe we would lose some 2 pips in a live account every now an then compared to the demo account, because it can be slower.

If you can do it with the demo account then you can probably do it with the live account too.

If it's the system that makes the trades.

But i think it could be dangerous without a stop loss.

The Trend is going in CYCLES. The price now is 1.1900 then 1.2000 then 1.2200.

Mohammed,

Have you read my post no 23?

I've written:

i'm a little scared looking on the statement, especially order no 99:

opened: 2004.10.14

closed: 2005.05.31

7 months, 13 pips earned.

What do you think about that? You will wait 7 months?!? What about swap point (-0,9 pips for 1 lot for a day at my broker)?

That's why i think your system isn't good....

krall:
Mohammed,

Have you read my post no 23?

I've written:

What do you think about that? You will wait 7 months?!? What about swap point (-0,9 pips for 1 lot for a day at my broker)?

That's why i think your system isn't good....

Hi krall,

If this is the case in the real account or demo account (Price didn't go up 13 pips for 7 months !!!) this mean it's very bad to leave the SL and the EA is bad.

But I think it's a bug in the MetaTrader Strategy Tester! What do you think?

On what day, what time and what price was that trade? Then it's easy to see from the chart what would have happened live.

From the chart, and from alpari's data bank we see that it is not a bug...

I think it made 80 not 800. Yes it seems to work good but it had one bad day in October 04.

eric79:
I think it made 80 not 800. Yes it seems to work good but it had one bad day in October 04.

Yes it made 80 pips in 2 days!

Do you have the chart of this day? I can't find this day in my historical data.

krall:
From the chart, and from alpari's data bank we see that it is not a bug...

But in the forward mode this system has made 80 pips in 2 days!

I have a chart but not 1 or 5 minute because i deleted my historical data. But i think we can see it from the 4 hours chart too.

Where i put the arrow is the candle where the EA did the trade. And the line is xx65, the price where it sold.

The low of this candle is xx60 so it was not enough to trigger the trailing stop.

And on the daily chart we can see how long there was no reversal.

Files:
ojala.gif  17 kb
ojala2.gif  19 kb
Reason: