Volatility indicators for MT4 - page 10

mladen:

Maybe a bit more useful way of measuring what the normal volatility should be (but still kept the old way, just in case ).

In this one instead of having a fixed level of 1 for a "normal volatility" you can have a dynamicaly built expected normal volatility. When volatility changes are kept within expected deviations, the "normal level of volatility" is kept as a horizontal line that depends on previous changes. If one prefers fixed level 1 for "normal volatility" then simply set the DeviationsForStepsparameter to 0 or less than 0

Here is how it looks with dynamically built "normal level" of volatility (high volatility level of 3 is still kept - I think it is a reasonable choice for something like that)

volatility_ratio_-_stepped.mq4

Mladen

Is it possible to code a seperate multi time frame(M30-M60-H4-D1) table showing volatility level above of 3?

Files:

NicoleDeinhard:

Thank you tampa for sharing this great indicator.

I am using it with a also very nice tool from MQ5

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/2694

like at screenshot. Would it be possible to add at the JB Vola Indicator alert? Thank you very much in advance!!!! Spasibo!

mladen

mrtools

Nicole added the alerts.

jb_volatility_alerts.mq4

Files:

mrtools:

Nicole added the alerts.

jb_volatility_alerts.mq4

Thank you very much MrTool. Great :-)... Question how can i pay you or honor your work?

So many amazing good stuff here ;-)... Best wishes Nicole

NicoleDeinhard:

Thank you very much MrTool. Great :-)... Question how can i pay you or honor your work?

So many amazing good stuff here ;-)... Best wishes Nicole

NicoleDeinhard

No need to pay anything. The stuff posted at this site is for free

mladen:

NicoleDeinhard

No need to pay anything. The stuff posted at this site is for free

mladen

Thank you very much... but if i want... ;-)...

and also i like to discuss something with you... how can i write you... at forum i tried but doenst work...

Have a great week ahead...

Best Nicole

mladen...this indy worked perfectly until the latest build updates. Now it will not display the broker trading hours above the histogram bars as before.

Thanks

Files:

fmsfx:

mladen...this indy worked perfectly until the latest build updates. Now it will not display the broker trading hours above the histogram bars as before.

Thanks

That seems to be a bug with the new build of metatrader (build 985).  Checking it more

fmsfx:

Thanks

OK. Solved. Here is the version that works correctly using the new build 985 too

Files:

Daily volatility made new builds compatible too

Reason: