Scalp_net - page 53

bagoomba:
3 files attached:

Scalp_net_1.3.3_tf.mq4

Cleaned up and optimized the code. No functional changes. Not sure what the conventions are here, but I thought a new minor version was appropriate to differentiate it from the original in case some issues arose.

scalp_net_v1.3.3_tf.tpl

A template which includes the indicators and settings used in the EA. I only use this for a general sense of things. Because of the way the EA works, it would be more useful to have an indicator that shows how the EA views the indicators. If this EA pans out, I will likely write this one for my own purposes- but not right now.

scalp_net_v1.3.3_tf.set

The modified presets for the EA. These are settings that I came up with after back-testing and optimization. The EA wins on an amazing frequency, but the default SL and TP levels seemed more generous than I have a stomach for, and these gave me better results with the data I have anyway.

I also included my back-testing report so you know what I am working with and can evaluate accordingly. I have roughly 9 months of data. I desire no more than that simply because there have been such huge rule changes this year that anything before the current environment is not a true test, IMHO.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful. PLEASE REVIEW AND CRITIQUE! I have no pride here and would greatly appreciate your thoughts and feedback on any of this as it will either help me make more or lose less.

Regards.

A possible bug: I have opened a live $500 account and it is working well for 0.1 lots and 0.2 lots but anything higher an error message appears in the log saying not enough money. But even at .4 the max loss would be $56.

These are my settings:

magic number:132

each tick mode: false

lots: .2 - this works but can't go any higher

slippage: 3

stoplossmode - true

stoploss - 140

takeprofitmode - true

takeprofit -20

trailingstopmode:false

trailingstop: 20

maximumrisk:0.0

decreasefactor: 3.0

maxorders:10

fromhourtrade: 8

tohourtrade: 18

Any help would be great...this is an awesome EA by the way, i only lose 1 trade a week!.

-Craig

Trying version 1.3.2

I am trying the version 1.3.2 now...

newdigital did you change any of the default settings? - thanks

No, I did not change.

It is my settings (just to check):

Your settings

ok, a couple of differences in mine:

* I dont have the the pointratio entry (i dont know if that matters).

* the magic number is at 0 (should i just make that any number?)

Your lots are at .1 are you able to move that as high as you want?

-thanks

This pointratio is 10 for 5 digit broker (Alpari for example).

Most probably - I am using this version Scalp_net_v1.3.2_tf5d from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173371/page15 but I am not sure ...

Magic number should be different for different pair (if you are using many EAs on same metatrader's instance). Becase metatrader is identifying the orders according to magic number (you are closing the order but Metatrader is closing the order with magic 12356). It is how Metatrader understands about what to close or modify.

I did not try more bigger lot size. Try to place with MaximumRisk and with DecreaseFactor (backtesting with different value of MaximumRisk and DecreaseFactor with your demo deposit size just to find which lot size you will receive).

I c

Your right about the 5 digit broker, i'm using the same EA as you just not the 5digit one, I dont need it with ibfx.

What exactly does the maximum risk setting and decrease factor setting do?

I tried to change the settings a little bit with max risk and decrease factor and then checking the strategy tester, it didnt seem to move the lots. i might be doing it wrong though.

I could just add multiple EA's with different magic numbers if i wanted to increase my number of lots I guess

I forgot to ask you, how are you doing with this EA?

IBFX is having 4 digit account (price for EURUSD as 1,3643 for example) and 5 digit account (price for EURUSD on the chart as 1,36430 for example). So, I do not know which account you have. May be 5 digit.

I am using this EA with EURUSD M1 only and magic number is not 0 only because I am trading few other EAs on same Metatrader.

As to max risk and so on.

I think - it is better to use the version improved by Mladen here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173371/page34 becase it is automatically adjusted for 4 or 5 digit and fixed some bug.

Drawdowns

What are the drawdowns with this EA?

Drawdown is mainly on balance, not on equity here (because it is not scalper, not martingale and not hedge).

I do not know exactly but as I remember - stop loss is 100 pips so it is not for small account anyway.

Because what is the drawdown by balance and by equity on open trades?

Just look at the images below: distance between blue line (equity) and yellow line (balance) is the drawdown by equity open trades. It is very very small DD.

DD by balance is yellow line coming down as the losses ...

It is losses. So, you can see from the images ... means: more then 200 dollars exactly ... may be more ...

It is the performance since January 2009 recorded on RAS.

Initial deposit 3,000 with lot multiplier = 1.

Initial deposit 1,000 with lot multiplier = 0.2.

Signal 417 (free for elite memers).

Reason: