Experts: Multi Time Frame Trader

Multi Time Frame Trader:

EA is setup to use higher time frames for trend identification and lower time frames for entries/exits.

Author: c0d3

Hello, thank you for this great EA.

How often should it open orders?

I dont know if the EA works, because it doesnt open orders for some hours.

I have different magic numbers in 4 pairs.

Thank you

quintessa:

Hello, thank you for this great EA.

How often should it open orders?

I dont know if the EA works, because it doesnt open orders for some hours.

I have different magic numbers in 4 pairs.

Thank you

It enters at least once a day.

hi

I have one question about stoploss. If one order is SL out and H1 does not change slope direction, the ea will enter again (if stopped out, M5 and M1 overbought/oversold may continue). It is to say that SL in the ea only make us pay more spread. It maybe better use H1 slope change to stop out.

Maybe I misunderstand something, correct me pls.

Thanks for sharing this nice EA.

I'm having a problem. It takes many hours to process one single day. The system is spending most of the time loading and removing !LinRegrBuf.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks again

hetachy:

hi

I have one question about stoploss. If one order is SL out and H1 does not change slope direction, the ea will enter again (if stopped out, M5 and M1 overbought/oversold may continue). It is to say that SL in the ea only make us pay more spread. It maybe better use H1 slope change to stop out.

Maybe I misunderstand something, correct me pls.

Please read this site and let me know what you think.

http://www.saxoeducation.com/Learning/Pages/fx_MultipleTimeframes.aspx#4.1

Josep:

I'm having a problem. It takes many hours to process one single day. The system is spending most of the time loading and removing !LinRegrBuf.

Thanks again

That is what it does to scan for trades, you can turn off M15, M30, H4, D1, W1, and MN1 slope calculations.

c0d3:
Josep:

Thanks again

That is what it does to scan for trades, you can turn off M15, M30, H4, D1, W1, and MN1 slope calculations.

If I disconnect M15, M30, H4, D1, W1, and MN1 slope calculations, which values are to be set in the instructions:

int shortticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lottotal,Bid,slippage,Bid+shortSL,M5_line,DoubleToStr(slopeM1,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM5,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM15,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM30,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeH1,2),magicnumber,0,Green);
int longticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lottotal,Ask,slippage,Ask-longSL,M5_line,DoubleToStr(slopeM1,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM5,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM15,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM30,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeH1,2),magicnumber,0,Green);

Slope M15, M30 and H1 are referenced there.

Thanks again.

Josep:
c0d3:
Josep:

Thanks again

If I disconnect M15, M30, H4, D1, W1, and MN1 slope calculations, which values are to be set in the instructions:

int shortticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lottotal,Bid,slippage,Bid+shortSL,M5_line,DoubleToStr(slopeM1,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM5,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM15,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM30,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeH1,2),magicnumber,0,Green);
int longticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lottotal,Ask,slippage,Ask-longSL,M5_line,DoubleToStr(slopeM1,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM5,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM15,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeM30,2)+" "+DoubleToStr(slopeH1,2),magicnumber,0,Green);

Thanks again.

You can just delete them, so that the comment of the order willl not have those time-frames slope information. The order comment will have the remaining slopes which are M1, M5 and H1. Or you have an option of making the comment blank.

c0d3:
Josep:
c0d3:
Josep:

Thanks again

Thanks again.

You can just delete them, so that the comment of the order willl not have those time-frames slope information. The order comment will have the remaining slopes which are M1, M5 and H1. Or you have an option of making the comment blank.

Thanks again.

Do you think that the oversold and overbought level of M1 and M5 could be determined using another indicator like Stochastic? That would give very fast response time in order to optimize the EA in less time. In that case, perhaps M5 EMA20 could be used to determine the Take Profit level?

Thanks again.

Do you think that the oversold and overbought level of M1 and M5 could be determined using another indicator like Stochastic? That would give very fast response time in order to optimize the EA in less time. In that case, perhaps M5 EMA20 could be used to determine the Take Profit level?

Other indicators can absolutely be used, i prefer a trend channel...

Reason: