Terminator v2.0 - page 52

Many people asked which settings i am using and why it is not trading.

This EA is using 3 indicators. You may download it from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum (it is first post of this thread).

And I am using this settings https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174859/page31

Please find updated statements.

Some pairs are performing very good.

North Finance broker.

It is testing since 20th of April 2007.

Starting deposit 50,000.

Starting lot size: 0.1 lot.

Balance/equity: 56,299/51,494.

Files:

project1972:
That's my settings with a 25K regular account, I don't use MM

I use lot size to 0.01 (micro lots)

TakeProfit = 38

Lots = 0.01

StopLoss = 0

TrailingStop = 20

MaxTrades=9 -------> with that settings the max order is 2.56 lots 10% of the account.

Pips=18

SecureProfit=20

AccountProtection=1

AllSymbolsProtect=0

OrderstoProtect=8 ----> I prefer a high level of protection

mm=0

And I trade the following pairs

USDJPY ---Only LONG

USDCHF ---Only LONG

EURUSD ---Only SHORT

EURJPY ---Only LONG

EURCHF ---Only LONG

EURGBP ---Only SHORT

USDCAD ---Only LONG

AUDUSD ---Only LONG

GBPCHF ---Only LONG

CHFJPY ---Only LONG

NZDUSD ---Only LONG

EURCAD ---Only SHORT

AUDJPY ---Only LONG

EURAUD ---Only SHORT

AUDCAD ---Only LONG

AUDNZD ---Only SHORT

NZDJPY ---Only LONG

I withdrawal my profits monthly and already I opened two more accounts with the profits and I trade with other strategy to reduce risk.

Hello Project1972

I started testing Terminator 2.03 with the settings and the pairs you propose. It has been running for 5 workdays approximately on a demo account with Alpari GB, with 2500$ using micro-lots of 0.01 just as you mention it.

Up to now I have had 19 profitable trades which yield an average of 3.00$ each which makes approx. 60$ profit and I have right now 10 open positions which amount to a loss of 34.50$. So, by now I have virtually earned 25.50$, which is not bad at all.

Among the open positions, EURUSD was opened as selling position on the 14th of the month at 1.3299 and is now at 1.3422, which is a loss of 123 pips, 12.30$.

As you suggest, I can wait until the EURUSD makes a come-back and I take the interest meanwhile. However in the case of EURUSD the swap is very low and I have no idea how long I will wait for the come-back to happen and how far the loss could be.

Would you recommend, as a rule, to fix a stop-loss at a reasonable number of pips, maybe 100 or 150? I am not sure I would take the risk of letting such a loss occur on a live account.

Other topic: profit taking. You recommend 38 pips. Could one fine-tune this parameter according to each pair?

On the whole I think that your philosophy is quite good and I do intend to go live with it on a 2000$ account, after I complete this test, maybe after two weeks. As far as I am concerned, long tests don't prove better than short ones.

Thanks for your precious information.

I changed my mind about this EA long time ago, Sorry I was wrong.

I stopped using this EA on the first days of November 2006 when I detected the formation of major trends, so far I earned 44K compounding the profit of several accounts, but now I know that I was crazy, I come out without major losses only by luck.

One real 2k mini account i used for testing pourpose and I left running, blew the 24 of november.

This EA will blown your account one time or another. It is a account killer EA please don't use it with real money. it is ok to test on demo but not with real money.

that just tells me to take 2k and go nuts !

Please find updated statement.

Files:
terminator.htm  375 kb

Files:

Please find updated statement.

Files:

Files:

ND is your setting to open trades based on 3 or 5?

where it says opentrades = 3 or 5?

Reason: