Firebird EA - page 38

spoon feeding.

There are only so many hours in the day. I've been stydying the fx for about 3-4 weeks now and have probably put about 80-100 hours into it. Honestly I am skeptical of EAs. Very skeptical - it seems as though they are too good to be true.

I know trading takes discipline, and an EA is perfect for that, but I think that current EAs aren't smart enough (and as an avid C/C++ programmer, I've created one that does OK - like an average of 12-20% a year on backtests).

I'd rather spend my time reading about Elliot waves and the mathematics behind RSI than trying out settings on dozens and dozens of EAs. But at the same time maybe there is a good EA. That is why I joined this forum. I've got a little money I'd like to invest, and while I figure out how to manual trade on demo, having my money is my 0.5% a year savings account is KILLING ME.

I realize I can't be spoonfed. I'll look around a little more before posting again. Thanks.

rp0029,

Your thinkings are ok.

More related to this thread I think. You only need to place the posts in right threads.

It is elite section and everybody may talk more openedly because no one is promoting any EA/system here and many people are trading with real money as I know. Negative posts are not bad for this section. But it is more related to this thread.

Do you know who is the person who did most of negative posts about Firebird EA here? I am

I stoped testing Firebird v0.65-Fixed for EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF. Will test this Firebird v0.65-Fixed for USDJPY for one or two weeks more and will stop as well.

I will continue with Firebird v0.65 (unfixed).

firebird o.65 fixed

Hello Newdigital

what is the reason behind that you will stop testing this version?

with thanks

Yass

I stoped testing fixed version for EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF because no any trades were opened for whole month for this pair. I will continue this fixed version for USDJPY but only for 1 or 2 weeks more (because of losses).

I am continuing testing unfixed version (version which almost everybody likes).

You may see differencies from excel file attached.

Hi.

I've analyzed Your script very carefully and i've found inconsistency in sending orders.

In ones ordersend functions You're using magicnumber in others not.

Is it normal ??

In other parts in Your script You are using magicnumber to gues witch of orders are Yours - so meybe its a bug ??

Sorry don't understand.

Which script?

Yes I am using magic numbers.

Firebird v0.65.

I have version where You sends orders via code:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,slip,Bid+(Stoploss*Point),Bid-(TakeProfit*Point),"",MagicNumber,0,Red);

and

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slip,Ask-(Stoploss*Point),Ask+(TakeProfit*Point),0,0,Blue);

and both are in one file Firebird v0.65.

So in Your script You sends orders with nagicnumber and without it.

It may bee very important becouse in thesame file You are calculating other things (AVERAGE OPENING PRICE and others) from ordered tickets based on magic number.

Is it normal ??

firebird in backtesting

Firebird does work out as well ....can you tell me backtesting is legit on this ea? I am not looking for spoon feeding as manual trading is doing well.

I would like something that is consistent...I have seen anything yet.

PabloPL:
Firebird v0.65.

I have version where You sends orders via code:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,slip,Bid+(Stoploss*Point),Bid-(TakeProfit*Point),"",MagicNumber,0,Red);

and

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slip,Ask-(Stoploss*Point),Ask+(TakeProfit*Point),0,0,Blue);

and both are in one file Firebird v0.65.

So in Your script You sends orders with nagicnumber and without it.

It may bee very important becouse in thesame file You are calculating other things (AVERAGE OPENING PRICE and others) from ordered tickets based on magic number.

Is it normal ??

I am not coder and this EA was not developed inside our forum. Ask coders.

As to me so I did not see any errors because of that for more than 1 year. So no problem with magic numbers for me:

1;Firebird v0.65.mq4;12445;EURUSD;

2;Firebird v0.65.mq4;12545;GBPUSD;

3;Firebird v0.65.mq4;12345;USDJPY;

4;Firebird v0.65.mq4;12645;USDCHF;
Reason: