Firebird EA - page 31

kanaps:
Yes, but looks like it doesn't work properly!

in start function make simple run: check profit / performance for today. if it is 500 or less than goes off for a day or two.

I been running yesterday in demo during the "news jump" it lost about 750 usd. I believe stoploss=200 designed for 1 time only which means if it closes the -200 position, than total loss = 0. so it opens new position for new loss!

It works but during the big news time it's openning and closing, openning and closing all the time and it stops only when news time is finished.

Change in code

Hi all,

I made a slight change - making Firebird trade with Buy and Sell stops - I got great results in backtesting. Ran using GBP/USD in the M30 timeframe. File attached ~

Files:
firebird_op.mq4  13 kb

sdln28:
Hi all, I made a slight change - making Firebird trade with Buy and Sell stops - I got great results in backtesting. Ran using GBP/USD in the M30 timeframe. File attached ~

Thanks sdln28,

May be pending ordes will solve the problem with this EA.

Just hope ...

Which version did you changed?

newdigital:
Thanks sdln28,

May be pending ordes will solve the problem with this EA.

Just hope ...

Which version did you changed?

I believe it was 3.0 - but there are so many now I don't remember

1 and half forward testing results for Firebird.

Just for yesterday and today only.

why would you care about 10k lose?

newdigital:
Check with files' thread for the link for settings: I am using preset file.

Many people are still asking me why I do not like this EA.

The full story is the following.

Many months ago some people said: "this EA is having the bug".

I replied: "no".

They said: "look at our results - this EA is having explosive trades once per 3 months. 100 orders opened just for one day! It is the bug!"

I replied: "I don't believe ..."

They said: "if you do not believe in our results so look at your own results. You have the same!".

Yes, elite members pointed me about this explosive trading sometimes (100 orders in a day). I even did not mind: I was checking the statements without any thinking sometimes.

So it is the full story. You may find the full discussion in this thread. Yes, it is the true: sometimes this EA is openning too many orders and closing the orders in profit or in losses. And we are getting 10,000 pips in profit or -10,000 pips in loss. We can not see it in backtesting.

When it will be next time? No idea.

It was yesterday for almost all the pairs.

I asked many coders and they said me that it is not a bug. They did not find any bug in this EA and they had no idea about why this EA is openning so many orders sometimes.

That is why I do not like this EA. And this is why I wanted to stop testing this Firebird. I understand this explosive trades as very negative point. I wanted to stop testing this EA but got many messages: "please do not stop". So I am testing this EA against my desire.

And i am calculating the total leaders wth and without this EA (you may see in total leaders thread).

Please, understand that this 10,000 in one day is very very bad and very very negative point for this EA and every account. Because next time it may be -10,000 pips. Can you imagine -10,000 just for few hours using 0.1 lot?

It is not attractive. It is very bad.

I don't care about this EA anymore untill some good coder will recognize about what really happened with this EA once per 3 months.

Why would you care about 10k pips loss which happen once in 3 month if it does the profit of at least 30-40k a month? I would guess it is important not to become greedy and not to put more lots when loose happens.. I guess.. of coures theres a chance that it will happen more often.. but once it happens you stop it and wait for a while..... let me know if I am wrong.

kanaps:
Why would you care about 10k pips loss which happen once in 3 month if it does the profit of at least 30-40k a month? I would guess it is important not to become greedy and not to put more lots when loose happens.. I guess.. of coures theres a chance that it will happen more often.. but once it happens you stop it and wait for a while..... let me know if I am wrong.

Firebird EA is one of the most popular EA on this forum. And there are a lot of new people in forex and in our forum as well. A lot.

And they may use some EA only because many people said that it is very good.

I don't want for the people to use this EA blindly. That's all that I am doing. At least, I said something: about this EA and market condition and about 60 trades per day sometimes.

BTW, yesterday and today this EA did more than 6000 pips once again. In profit of course. See my last post with the statements.

And this EA did big losses just once in a forward testing year (during the year). Just once. So the situation is not badly.

New to this thread...

Hi,

I am new to this thread and was wondering if someone might be kind enough to point me to the latest version of the EA and any settings that may apply to it?

Thanks

newdigital:
Firebird EA is one of the most popular EA on this forum. And there are a lot of new people in forex and in our forum as well. A lot.

And they may use some EA only because many people said that it is very good.

I don't want for the people to use this EA blindly. That's all that I am doing. At least, I said something: about this EA and market condition and about 60 trades per day sometimes.

BTW, yesterday and today this EA did more than 6000 pips once again. In profit of course. See my last post with the statements.

And this EA did big losses just once in a forward testing year (during the year). Just once. So the situation is not badly.

I c.. thanks for ur reply.

Is thares any thread on the forum or any link you could give for:

I am testing different Ea's and most of the times I am having weired numbers... some time I have a huge (FAR TOO BIG) loses or profits... such as from 10k to 200k in a week. but when I start forward testing it is completely wrong.... is any tutorial that explains step by step instructions/tutorial exist with step by step instructions on how to test? So I can find my mistake! Thanks in advance.

kanaps:
I c.. thanks for ur reply.

Is thares any thread on the forum or any link you could give for:

I am testing different Ea's and most of the times I am having weired numbers... some time I have a huge (FAR TOO BIG) loses or profits... such as from 10k to 200k in a week. but when I start forward testing it is completely wrong.... is any tutorial that explains step by step instructions/tutorial exist with step by step instructions on how to test? So I can find my mistake! Thanks in advance.

My last statement for Firebird is forward testing. Everything is forward testing here. backtesting is in different section.

If you are talking about backtesting so we have some thread in elite section about it.

Tbone24:
Hi,

I am new to this thread and was wondering if someone might be kind enough to point me to the latest version of the EA and any settings that may apply to it?

Thanks

Look at files thread. Everything is there. As to Firebird so look at post #3 of files thread (item #13). I am forward testing Firebird v0.65 with/without timefilter.

Reason: