Firebird EA - page 28

Yoda_Glenn:
I understand now. So this is military time, right? 12(00) = 12 p.m. and 8(00) = 8 a.m? Is that correct?

Correct, running from 00:00:00 to 23:59:00

Best of luck to you,

-CS

Has anyone here used this EA strictly in the direction of "positive interest on swamp?" If you have, does such a strategy really help? Or does it have little effect on this EA?

Files:

Magic Numbers

Does the magic number need to be different for each pair ??

For example, if I wanted to attach this EA to 3 different pairs does that mean I need to create 3 .mq4 files each with a different magic number in them ?

rjay:
Does the magic number need to be different for each pair ?? For example, if I wanted to attach this EA to 3 different pairs does that mean I need to create 3 .mq4 files each with a different magic number in them ?

yes it is better to have diffeent magic numbers for different pairs.

Of course you may use pre-set file with settings (one pre-set file for each EA). But it is much better to create 3 mql4 files with different magic numbers. I am doing like this. Why? because if you are testing many EAs with many copies of Metatrader so computer may be re-started by itself (sometimes). And sometimes you will lose this settings. If the settings are hard coded so it is much more better.

You are totally right.

But there are EAs which do not need it. I am always asking the coders/authors: do I need to use different magic number for different pair with this EA? If they said no, you do not need (PriceCross EA, or MAChannel EA for example) so I follow their recommendation. If no any recommendation about it so I am using it in exact way as you said.

firebird made 10 000 pips on USD/JPY in a month... you godda be kidin'

vpopovic:
firebird made 10 000 pips on USD/JPY in a month... you godda be kidin'

In a week

In one day even.

BTW it was some discussion about it. I mean why Firebird v0.65 is openning many orders sometimes to have 10,000 just in one or two days. It does not depend on the broker because many people had the same things. You may look at earlier posts of this thread (it was some discussion about it where some people said that it is the bug, the other people said that not).

It happened periodically once per half a year. Look at the statements and you will understand.

Weekly statements are attached (in pips).

It is not good because of the following:

- we do not know why this EA is openning too many orders just in one day.

- it was 3 times already (in profit) and one time it was losses. Can you imagine -10,000 pips in loss just for few hours?

- we do not know when it will be happened next time.

Anyway i am calculating total leaders in total leaders thread without this Firebird v0.65 EA.

As to me so everybody knows that i am not Firebird lover.

How come my statements always look like crap? I started firebird on a few pairs yesterday, and on a $5,000 account, it is already down over 1K. Are you all using default settings? I have the same problem with Pheonix. It killed a demo account.

Ducati:
How come my statements always look like crap? I started firebird on a few pairs yesterday, and on a $5,000 account, it is already down over 1K. Are you all using default settings? I have the same problem with Pheonix. It killed a demo account.

No, I am not using defaul settings.

Settings are here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15

And check this thread also.

Usually this EA may be good for USDJPY even for long way run (8 months or more). Other pairs are slowly going down. But slowly (-20 pips per week or simple like this). It was profitable for USDJPY.

But 3 times per 1 year this EA is "firebirding" making +10,000 pips in one day (or -7,000 for example). It was in profit two times and one time was loss (for some pairs only!).

Reason: