Sti - page 12

These days was hard for STI

I decided to turn it off when the important new come out so that's the wa I will protect my winning trades.

manager:
These days was hard for STI I decided to turn it off when the important new come out so that's the wa I will protect my winning trades.

We may use timefilter. Read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173363/page2

I am trying to produce the statements now for the orders opened from 19 till 5 am metatrader time.

Will post it now.

Should be more profitable.

If yes, we may modify this EA to trade in particular hours (or do not trade in some hours).

manager:
These days was hard for STI I decided to turn it off when the important new come out so that's the wa I will protect my winning trades.

Hello Manager,

What you of my idea think on the messages: 101 and 103. I believe to have understood that you take the same road to avoid the big news. I am as happy as Newdigital is interested also it east can be a good solution to avoid the large losses. Moreover this morning, we still have undergoes a loss of because of the news.

newdigital:
Updated statements for STI4 bs.mq4 EA.

- EURUSD ......................... -97

- EURUSD with timefilter...... -30

- GBPUSD ......................... -56

- GBPUSD with timefilter....... 21

- USDJPY ......................... -41

- USDJPY with timefilter....... 16

- USDCHF ......................... -74

- USDCHF with timefilter....... 22

Please find all the statements.

I am using timefilter from 19 till 05 am Metatrader time. It means the EA opens the orders from 19 till 05.

As we see it is more profitable with timefilter. But it was forward testing since 28th of february only. So need to test more.

Files:

I will post the next statements during the weekend. Because this EA needs to be tested more to understand about timefilter. 3 days is not enough.

So, during the weekend I will post the statements with and without timefilter and we may make some opinion about it.

Basically, this EA does GREAT during NON-TRENDING periods with no news but when news comes out and the trending begins, it destroys it.

It keeps trying to go against the trend (assuming pullback) and when no pullback happens, it gets stopped out.

OUCH!

I guess the key is to use this during non-trending periods and then when big economic news comes out, change to a trending EA (any suggestions?).

holyguy7:
Basically, this EA does GREAT during NON-TRENDING periods with no news but when news comes out and the trending begins, it destroys it.

It keeps trying to go against the trend (assuming pullback) and when no pullback happens, it gets stopped out.

OUCH!

I guess the key is to use this during non-trending periods and then when big economic news comes out, change to a trending EA (any suggestions?).

I will post the statements during the weekend and we will see and compare. I think the losses will be but we want to see more profit than losses. Hope this idea with timefilter will work.

holyguy7:

OUCH!

Thanks Holyguy7,

It is really good idea. We will try it after timefilter idea.

I am very interesting about this EA as well.

There is a certain brilliance to this EA, but it needs to be improved during the trending times. Nothing comes to mind exactly because of the way it works. I was thinking that perhaps sticking some kind of a filter would help out. I know that Nicholishen added Scholastics to the EA to help. I have not been able to test it properly as it seems that he has added almost too many additions to the EA.

Anyway, here is the latest "yet to be seen improvement" to the EA. I hope that it helps.

I have had some success with this EA this week with certain currency pairs. Currency pairs that have made a profit this week are:

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, USDCAD (possibly AUDUSD and NZDUSD)

I use the H4 chart with settings that are:

TP: 60

SL: 30

No Trailing Stop

I started at the beginning of the week and at first it was off to a good start then it lost started to lose the last day or two. I am now up just a little from the beginning of the week. After studying the trades, I discovered that the other currency pairs which I was also testing were what were losing the money for me. Those currency pairs are:

EURJPY, EURCHF, EURGBP, GBPJPY

I will give a statement at the end of the week but I noticed that it dipped down just below what I started with and appears now to be headed in the right direction.

Anyway, here is the "improvement" by Nicholishen. Please test on demo before going live.

Files:
sti4_0_3.mq4  21 kb
Reason: