Sti - page 6

Witch FX broker do yoou use? We can compare diferent brokers to see witch on is the best for this EA. Please post your results too.

Thanks

Hello,

With Neurex ( buid 190 ), but for comapraisons one would need trades. lol

Thanks BrunoFX. Waiting for your statements, good luck.

sadaloma:
Can we attach the EA on multiple currencies on different timeframe on 1 platform?

Thanks

Sada

Here is the version 3 with some simple changes. Should be able to trade multiple currencies and multiple timeframes on the same currency.

if (OrderType()==OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol()&& OrderComment()==comm2)

Nic

Files:
sti_v3.1.mq4  15 kb

manager:
Witch FX broker do yoou use? We can compare diferent brokers to see witch on is the best for this EA. Please post your results too. Thanks

How about you manager? which broker did you use for testing the EA? you posted a zip file with 3 pictures in it but I don't see any broker names in it.

I am using MIG and alpari platform to test V1 and V3.

For each setting I am using seperated platforms installations. BTW, thanks Nicholishen for the change, it would greatly simplify this. I will give it a try by monday onwards. But for now here are my setups:

Settings on Alpari (build 190):

Eur/usd M15 STI v1 with tp6,tp20

Eur/usd M15 STI v3 with tp6,tp10,tp20

Settings on MIG (build 190):

Eur/usd M15 STI V3 with tp6,tp20

GBP/usd M15 STI V3 with tp6,tp20

In all I have 9 platforms testing this EA out. I already have seen some differences. For example MIG has traded more then Alpari (they were started at the same time).

As who is winning the race to pips heaven...well I will let the forum know in 7 days.

Anyone wants to try interbank FX or any other broker with the same settings?

Sada

Can someone explain to me what all the settings mean?

Can someone explain what everything means? The code is in Spanish and I am a little rusty.

The following is what I think everything means. Correct me if I am wrong.

UseTS- Use Trailing Stop

TStopActive- Trailing Stop Active. I am not sure what this does and what the numbers mean.

TrailingPips- Trailing Pips. What is a trailing pip? Is this like a trailing stop?

CloseSignal- Close Signal. What does this mean?

AL- ????

N1- ????

N2- ????

Thanks, but I would just like to understand the settings before I start testing the EA. It does look good. I hope to test it out.

By the way, what settings has everyone used and with what currency pairs. I am looking for successful testing.

Peace.

Hallo everyone!

The EA seems to be great, thanks to manager!

I started test it on Interbank FX, LLC on 10 various pairs

But on the "Experts" page I am constantly getting a message like this one:

USDCAD,M30, invalid price 1.15780000 for OrderClose function.

I think this happens when the EA gets a close signal, but OrderClose fails

I tried to use Normalize:

res = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),NormalizeDouble(Bid,4),3,White); // close

but it changes nothing

My settings are

TP=10

SL=50

Close_Signal=1

AL=0

N1=3

N2=2

May be someone have an idea how to fix this???

AL - alarm when opens position (when AL=1 then alarm is on, if AL=0 then alarm is off)

N1- how many maximums and minimums of the bars in a row to calculate

N2- how many bars should be confirmed

It's hard to explain this strategy.

N1 & N2 do not change, leave it defult.

P.S. It made great pips again

manager:
AL - alarm when opens position (when AL=1 then alarm is on, if AL=0 then alarm is off)

N1- how many maximums and minimums of the bars in a row to calculate

N2- how many bars should be confirmed

It's hard to explain this strategy.

N1 & N2 do not change, leave it defult.

P.S. It made great pips again

Manager,

Hats off to you. This is a GREAT EA. Probably one of the best I have seen. I figured I would try it out on the 4 major currency pairs and just filter the ones that don't pan out.

I started it up a couple hours ago as the European market opened and I am already closed two trade both successful and up $200. I have two other trades open and both up as well. Amazing! Here are my settings in case anyone wants to join in on the fun.

Take Profit: 50

Stop Loss: 30

Trailing Stop Active: 10

I have them all set to 15 minute chart.

Another solution you might want to add to the EA is to include hours. I noticed this little code in there by NewDigital into one of his EAs that he modified that added hours to the EA so that it would not trade during certain hours. Maybe you can add that into this one.

Here is the code I copied and pasted. I am not a programmer so I am not sure it this will work correctly.

}

if (UseHourTrade){

if(!(Hour()>=FromHourTrade&&Hour()<=ToHourTrade)){

Comment("Non-Trading Hours!");

return(0);

}

}

This would help eliminate the problem with 8:30 AM EST as you could just block out that one hour and see if that solution will work. If not, get NewDigital to help you on this one. Where is he when you need him???

I will share my results after a day or two of foward testing. So far, so good.

Peace

Hi

holyguy

Which EA you are using . i did not find trailing stop facility in any STI, E.A.

Reason: