The Moving Average Channel - page 3

hmm somehow it works great on the GBPUSD daily chart, but not on other timeframes..

I will have to look into that why this is happening,

This is the backtester graph I got from daily chart (default settings, SL=21, Lots=0.1):

Files:

Channel Break with alert

Hello and a Happy New Year to all...

I am posting to this thread in hopes that I may find someone who can code an indicator and possibly an EA for a simple channel break system that I have backtested manually with decent results.

an arrow with alert when price opens AND closes outside of a price channel (in this case 10 SMMA high and low) but with option to change type of MA, it would be great if it could be programed only to alert when price also closes higher/lower than the previous candle and only alert once when this occurs. this would be on any time frame and any pair as well. Please see attachment to clarify... (see post # 1)

Thanks and may the new year be prosperous for all !!

Files:
chnlbrk.gif  17 kb

Has anyone tried shifting the MA 3 or 5 periods forward?? What are the results??

Very good idea! I experimented with something like this a while ago after reading an e-book on a similar strategy and this inspired me to look at it again. I applied my MTF T3 lines along with stochastic and MACD and used a 34EMA instead.

On the charts, the blue lines are the 34EMA of the high and low. The yellow is always the 54 period T3 which represents 2X the current time frame. The Pink line is the next higher time frame 27T3 which represents the 34EMA on that time frame.

Use stochastic crosses and MACD zero line crosses to help with trade decisions

It definitely has a lot of potential and I am currently forward testing on a bunch of pairs. Trade rules are still pretty much as as you set them.

See if you like it. If not, disregard with no hard feelings.

Rad

Identify Mystery Indicators?

In the image, below, is anyone able to identify the indicators being used?

I think the dots are the Parabolic SAR indicator. I tried a Pivot indicator, but it didn't look anything like this one. I do not have any idea what the 9 wavy lines are. Thank you for your interest.

river, synergy, farewell, etc using MAhilo channel breakout

Use The Moving Average Channel To Trade Stocks Objectively

here they wait for retracement:

Tracking this on the GBPJPY 5 min. So far so good.

Rad

Linear regression high low band

Files:
lr_hl.png  57 kb

MA Channel Color

Is that have any MA channel can display 3 different color ?

1) Indicator setting for prices high , low and medium .

2) Prices closing above 3 MA , color will be blue .

3) Prices closing below 3 MA , color will be red.

4) prices closing in between , color will be yellow .

(Yellow line can avoid for choppy market)

May be i don't know how to explain , please see the picture

Files:
ma_channel.jpg  254 kb
ma_channel_2.jpg  343 kb

Hi Steven,

I hope someone takes up the challenge of your indicator. Perhaps if you posted the original channle mq4 file someone may be able to adapt it?

TEAMTRADER

Reason: