The Moving Average Channel - page 2

Ma_Channel

HI CodersGru,

I am live-demo testing above EA, I started testing early Monday mornning. I started with 2 pairs and early this morning added 4 more pairs. As of now I have had 1 transaction opened.

could you direct me to where I can download both indicators (Usma & Lsma) used, I want to chart them to see on charts.

tks

leighton

Leighton,

I believe Usma & Lsma are plain SMAs, applied to low (Lsma) and high (Usma).

Usma and Lsma are variables not indicators!

leightonbeaty:
HI CodersGru,

I am live-demo testing above EA, I started testing early Monday mornning. I started with 2 pairs and early this morning added 4 more pairs. As of now I have had 1 transaction opened.

could you direct me to where I can download both indicators (Usma & Lsma) used, I want to chart them to see on charts.

tks

leighton

leighton,

Usma and Lsma are variables not indicators, they are mean Lower Simple Moving Average and Upper Simple Moving Average.

You can download this indicator to know where are you in the market:

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/4/smac_ind.mq4

codersguru:
Hi there!

Please test this quick version of Simple Moving Average Channel!

Hope you like it!

I like it -- Great work Guruji... SMA channel works all the time... Can you add MM and other functions such as micro account etc from EMA cross experts to this channel expert?

and if possible SMA or EMA trend strength as a filter... so that we have a powerful expert all based on moving averages...

As I stated when I started this thread -- very solid trading method...

I am just wondering what happened to this thread? Is the thread shifted to somewhere else? Is the "MA Channel EA" still working? Some one posted a very good results of this EA on other forum today. Where can I get the latest version of this "MA Channel" EA?

It seems that this EA only works good on sideways market, on a very strong market movement, without stop loss you could lose all of your money...

backtesting is really fantastic! I will try on M1 chart. You could say it's impossible but lets see

The indocators does not work on my metatrader, can anybody help me ?

Nic

If I backtest this EA it will eventually blow my account.

There should be an initial stop loss in it, and not only a trailing stop I think.

I will try to figure out how to add one, but I've only tried once to edit another code (the Hans123-method,

edited gave me 60% profit in 9 months, now I'm looking for other EA's )

something like the image in the attachment I normally get.

(sorry for bringing up an old thread)

Thanks for bringing up! I was just looking for something like this!

Lucky!

Adding stoploss:

Open the expert (right click in the list and press "edit")

after "input parameters" add

extern int StopLoss = 100;[/PHP]

yep, you can copy/paste.

Now, find these strings:

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Ask-StopLoss*Point,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,"My EA",12345,0,Green);
[PHP]ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,3,Bid+StopLoss*Point,Bid-TakeProfit*Point,"My EA",12345,0,Red);

They are for sell and buy.

You can see the difference, right?

There was a 0 after Bid,3, and before Bid-TakeProfit*Point. I changed that 0 to Bid+StopLoss*Point.

These things are case-sensitive so make sure you copy/paste.

If you replace original strings (ticket=... these strings) with the ones I provided (search for "ticket=") you will have an EA with a stoploss. Yep, simply replace that 0 to Bid+StopLoss*Point and everything will work. Or simply copy/paste code pieces I provided.

Reason: