The Moving Average Channel

Is it possible to program buy/sell signal based on the following? Very simple but solid method (Similar to Nina's CatFx50)...

http://www.stock-charts-made-easy.com/moving-average-channel.html

-The upper boundary of the channel is a 10-period simple moving average of the price high.

-The lower boundary of the channel is an 8-period simple moving average of the price low.

The rules for taking a trade are simple.

When price action for two consecutive bars trades completely outside of the channel a position may be taken on the next trading hour in an H1 chart.

For example, a buy signal is triggered when two consecutive bars trade above the channel.

Conversely, a sell signal is triggered when two consecutive bars trade below the channel.

The moving average channel is a solid trading method.

Combined with additional technical indicators like candlesticks, Elliott wave, Fibonacci and the relative strength index etc, the moving average channel becomes a powerful system you'll like to use often.

Can be used in any Timeframe (M15; M30; H1; D1)

Anyone using this to trade for living?

Anyone put this together for you yet? .. seems an easy programming task .. let me know.

Looks interesting. What about the exit rules?

Inspired by Jake Bernstien?

It is effective in stock markets and good in good trends. So it should work very well in Fx markets.

Cheers

SMA Channel

Hi there!

Please test this quick version of Simple Moving Average Channel!

Hope you like it!

Ma_Channel

Hi CodersGuru,

I am testing above EA and would like to test it using .10 lot size, could you or someone instruct me on how to do this.

tks,

leighton

Hi

coders Guru,

I am unable to understnad why there is no loss trade. Does it means like this:

for example: first trade is buy when there is next sell signal will system sell even in loss or will wait till comes in profit.

from your back test statement i noticed that there is no loss trade . is it coincidence or system is like this that it wil not close trade in loss.

For this EA, does anyone have suggestions for which pair/timeframe combos to use or forward test?

Also, in the article from Stockcharts on how to trade, they suggest pro-trend trades, whereas my understanding of the EA and the SMAC_Ind set is that when you would look for a buy normally you take a sell. Am I correct?

Has anyone traded this manually? If so, have you been profitable? If so, what time frames/pairs and rules do you use?

Graham

Ma_Channel

Hi,

I have been running live-demo on this EA for 1 day.

EurUsd

TF=Daily

As of right now its positive 385.00

regards

leighton

Nice one but can be improved further

Hi all,

I tried it on demo live to see how it execute trades on real time . i tried on 30 mins EURUSD . current its short @ 1965 trgt @ 1886

codersguru:
Hi there!

Please test this quick version of Simple Moving Average Channel!

Hope you like it!

hi codersguru,

i am new to metatrader language. I will have to put in some effort to learn it. However I code in Amibroker.

When you post an idea could you maybe add the trading rules in plain English? I'd like to test some of your ideas in Amibroker,

thanks, Ed

Oeps I see the rules are posted elsewhere. Sorry bout that

Reason: