GRIDMacd With trailling

Ok, I need some help...

I need to ask some coder to add a trailling option to GRIDMacd... is this possible?

I know that this is very simple to the masters but for me is very dificult...

Hope someone helps!

Post me a link to last gridmacd ea code.

Kalenzo:
Post me a link to last gridmacd ea code.

It should be somewhere here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

But I posted it once again (attached).

And please findthe settings (pengie's message) and forward testing statements (H1 timeframe).

Freaky...

OK, so i've been working w/the GridMACD_fixed in demo. Very nice so far. And i came in to the forum this morning to dig up all i could on it only to see the very question i had to ask already asked. Must be the full moon the other nite. grin.

I'm very interested in this also : )

Ok I'm not sure if it works (becouse I done it very fast and I could make a mistake) but it should work.

---

Edit:

And don't take traling less than 15 pips, I saw that when I take traling less than 15 pips then sometimes ea's are freaking

Files:

testing with $5000 demo account...

one hour later it has not placed any trade... :/

kokas:
testing with $5000 demo account... one hour later it has not placed any trade... :/

It dosn't make trade often.

Oooppssss. My bad ;-)

fotovat:
It dosn't make trade often.

Haha, go figure. I should read the instructions before launching an EA. . .

So i've been testing FB for a week or so and we use 1m charts for that one because we found the trades were a bit safer with the idea of "divergence" and such (mind you i'm a newbee at EAs so not familiar w/all the lingo yet). . .

Well yesterday at 15:00 Pacific Time i created a copy of MT4 IBFX and placed the fixed version of the GridMACD on 1m charts with the USDCAD/USDCHF/EURUSD/GBPUSD pairs. I haven't counted the trades it has taken but there are lots of them! 649 closed pips with -180 float at this time.

If the "trailing stop" version had been in use numbers would have been different, i think more positive. One of the GBP trades was at 150 and is now down to 75 as i type ,-( I don't understand how this EA takes profit. More digging.

here is the first day's statement if interested in the results.

Oh, one question. I have never seen the "Working Orders" on anything in the past. Are these orders that are pending set ups? And if so, if one were to see something that really didn't look right from a technical/fundamental standpoint i suppose they could intervene and take it off the list by canceling it? Is this what has happened in an automatic way with the "canceled" orders that are listed in the closed transactions listing?

PS, i looked but did not find an actual thread for this EA, is there one and the search just mised it?

Cheers,

Thom

I believe that this EA takes profit when total profits (On chart) = MaxProfit (On settings)

I also tested this EA on m1 charts with good results, but now I'm testing with H1.

Other thing that we could do to avoid noise on m1 charts (correct me if i'm wrong) is to set higher values on InicialGridInterval and SubsequentGridInterval variables.

PostScript edit, i found the GridMACD thread in the public section so i guess i'll post this over there and follow that one?? Cheers.

Greetings,

Anyway, i'm wondering if the below info might be helpful? I know that Firebird and GridMACD are two totaly different beasts, but these are the settings we use on a verision of FB that a fellow trader by the name of "Mono" over at forexfactory came up with after extensive testing:

Currencies Traded

EUR/USD TP=22 SL=220 PIPSTEP=22 Daily Avg Range = 110

GBP/USD TP=30 SL=300 PIPSTEP=30 Daily Avg Range = 150

USD/CHF TP=25 SL=250 PIPSTEP=25 Daily Avg Range = 125

EUR/JPY TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=21 Daily Avg Range = 105

USD/JPY TP=20 SL=200 PIPSTEP=20 Daily Avg Range = 100

USD/CAD TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=21 Daily Avg Range = 105

AUD/USD TP=16 SL=160 PIPSTEP=16 Daily Avg Range = 80

EUR/CHF TP=10 SL=100 PIPSTEP=10 Daily Avg Range = 50

EUR/GBP TP=9 SL=90 PIPSTEP=9 Daily Avg Range = 45

AUD/JPY TP=15 SL=150 PIPSTEP=15 Daily Avg Range = 75

====some of the above might be useful. For instance instead of a default one-SL-fits-all setting, one might (and i'm doing this now) tweak each charts SL setting to relate more to that pair? Same with the Take Profit settings, though i think the MaxProft is excellent, and i'm keeping it high, though i believe for the EUR and CAD i might lower the MAX to 144 or so, and the GBP and CHF to 233 or there abouts.??

~~~~~~~This next part i have not thought all the way through but here goes:

On Take Profit? As i'm new to the GridMACD and don't know what it's trading signals are exactly, other than deducing from the name it takes some info/direction from MACD settings i have a thought. And this is not original to me, it goes to Vegas and crew.

The following is not an entry. We are not using this moving average cross for anything other than a point in price/time to suggest possible profit targets. Before you think i've lost it. Place the following onto a 30m chart:

55ema with the following "levels" as + and - 21,34,55,89,144,233

Then place a 13ema all prices can be set to median if desired.

OK, now place a vertical line marking the crossing of the 13ema and the 55ema. Look where the price stalls. Scary accuracy! Lots of pips to be taken. I think if this could be coded into the EA we would really have a nice logical and repeatable way to take profits!

Again the idea would be to include in the TP part of the code the above idea of when the 13 crosses the 55, the code marks this position in time and price. Then it looks from central 55ma up and down the extensions at the moment of crossing and marks the price levels at those extensions. Then, when price reaches the 34extension, the SL is moved to the 55tunnel, when price is at the 55ext SL is moved to the 21ext, when price is at the 589ext SL is moved to the 34ext, and then the last stop would be to now place the trailing stop and let the remaining lot(s) ride. Trailing stop loss could be set one price has exceeded say 30 pips or so from price, or this could be user definable also? Maybe this would be nice and over time we will get optimal settings for the trailing stop per pair traded. We could also have different models just like Vegas does? Say look at the above for the EUR/USD 34/55/89/144 and then for the GBP and others with more volatility, have first TP at 55ext then 89/144/233??

Now of course none of the above works if GridMACD is a counter-trend trading EA, but it does not appear to be trading contra-trend? The above also assumes that the GM-EA has placed it's trade in the direction of, and prior to, the cross of the 13/55 ema?? Maybe someone else knows what is actually going on behind the scene on position entry and can shed some light?

Just thinking while i type. If i knew how to code i'd do it and post it for forward demo testing !

Cheers,

Thom

All my gridmacd order for today are now closed in profit!!! 300 pips!!! This trailling the order manually at 15 pips!

I'm waiting for more pips now!!!

I'm pipaddict!! lolol

Well, this was on a real account, now I'm testing the GRIDMacd with trailling on a demo! Let's see!

Reason: