Yesterday and day before yesterday I got stop losses (demo account). Not big ones but it was almost for the fist time with this system (I am testing it for about one month on demo). But it is ok now: I had profit only because of 3rd template: this system consists of 3 template - 1 is trading M5 template (to enter), the other one is informational M5 template (for stop loss and take profit) and I created 3rd template (H4 and D1) which is informational as well.
I wanted to create M5 system with very low risk trading once per day for example and to create good EA for that. And after that I wanted to turn onto BrainSystem (because it was very good results - there is section about it).
I wanted for this system to be simple but finally I got the following:
- I created 3 templates already and all of them are used,
- the system is not easy to trade (we need to have some knowledge about indicators and so on) and
- it is very difficult to create EA for this system.
And I am thinking to improved this system now: to improve some indicators for more predictable showing making decision options (sorry - it is the morning now).
I look forward to seeing ND, i've been building a system using ASCtrend as well, with some success, it's unfinished, but i've been trading it live and it's ok -- not bad, but not great either.
I think the key to make this ea profitable (very profitable) is to forgot about sl an tp... it only should open positions when asc shows up or down.
and the asc needs to be profen with rsi or somekind of other indicator to confirm if its possible that the market move the way asctrend shows.
the biggest problem with this ea is shiftbars 1... often a bar goes a lot of pips down, before asc indikator show it. so it would be better to open position +/- 10 pips of first reaction from asctrend indicator.
how has trading only at asc up or down work for you...i tried to backtest it but it wont....and can u show some of your results
Does this indicator paint the past?
Looking at 4 hour charts it seems too good to be true...
No, it does not paint the past.
But it is not too good. Braintrading1sig is more good (signal is coming more earlier). But asctrend indicator is having alarm on close bar and we may define the risk value so it is ok.
You may read some article of Igorad about this indicator that it is some kind of MA crossing.
Is this ASCTrend system similar to that AbleSys Trading System Software??
This thread was started as a book:
- it was some history of the development in the beginning of the thread. Just to know about what the people did before us. Basicly they wanted to create the same system as AbleSys but for MT3 and Metastock. It was long time ago (10 or 15 years ago). Most of the indicators were converted for MT4 later on by Igorad and Beluck, some indicators were fixed and new indicators were created for MT4 (by Beluck and Igorad). So this story was continuing and finished on our forum (i mean development of new indicators).
- Finally Igorad (one of the author of this attempt) did review about this failed attempt to be the same as AbleSys. His review is really very good (posted on this thread as well). So we decided that old systems with our new indicators may be good for D1 and W1 timeframes.
- But it was many talking on some Russian forums that "no one asctrend indicator can be used sucessfully on timeframe lower than D1". Then we tried to create new systems with asctrend indicator on timeframe lower than D1, and finally we created many asctrend systems. But it is nothing with AbleSys (about AbleSys you may read Igorad's review on this thread). It is totally new systems for many timeframes.
This thread is having the same structure as a book: more old systems were described in the beginning of the thread and more new systems in the end of the thread.
How's the performance compared with other systems? Ok and if you were saying about daily and weekly TF, then what about the SL if we were to go into a swing trade?
D1/W1 timeframes were from the beginning of this thread. It was long time ago so I don't remember. But, I think, stop loss value (and trailing stop) is drawing on the chart by one or two indicators because, as I remember, asctrend for D1/W1 is closing the orders on stop loss/trailing stop giving the possiblity to the price to be run (to catch as many pips as possible by one order). It was D1 or W1 timeframe. Just the same with AbleSys Trading System Software.
Trading systems working on more lower timeframes than D1 are very diferent from D1/W1 systems.
New Here need Advice ?
i was searching for ASCTrend Indecator and i found it here in this forum ,
when i tried to check the thread , i was Lost , too many versions of this indecator , i am Lost , and i need your Advice ,
i want to use the new System , could anyone post a link to the files i need to download ?
and a link for how to use ?
thank you very much .
If you read from the beginning of the thread so you will find many systems. They separated by timeframes you are using for trading. And timeframes depends on your deposit size and your trading style. More recent systems are in the end of this thread. But you always have a choise which system to use.