Discussion - page 54

sps8:
here it is indicator

It was one EA using Fibo only byt seems this EA need to be fixed. Try to look at sticky files thread.

All the statements and excel file are updated on the first post of this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum :

- statements are updated as a link inside the text of the 1st post;

- excel performance file is updating every week as an attachment.

And please use this post to know about how to read the statements I am posting.

pips statment 'EA' anyone please?

Hi, i'm looking for the EA that gives pips statement for each pair seperatly ...i tryed the " Search " but didn't find it...

Thanks in advance,

regards

Chart Man:
Hi, i'm looking for the EA that gives pips statement for each pair seperatly ...i tryed the " Search " but didn't find it...

Thanks in advance,

regards

It is on the first post of links thread.

Here Tools to analyze the trades.

If you are in elite section so no need to "Search" because everything was posted on links thread and files thread. I am updating those threads daily or weekly with some new links.

newdigital:
It is on the first post of links thread.

Here Tools to analyze the trades.

If you are in elite section so no need to "Search" because everything was posted on links thread and files thread. I am updating those threads daily or weekly with some new links.

thanks newdigital your post is highly appreciated

24/5 or 24/7 ?????

Maybe Im not suppose to post this thread here but I have go through most of the active threads in elite section but still cant find a answer to my doubt.

Im newer than newbie here so please forgive me if I miss the thread that answer my 'stupid' questions here.

Im testing some ea start from beginning of this week. Aft reading a thread which newdigital said that he on his computer 24/5, I have a few questions here.

1) Can we turn OFF our computer on weekend which is no market? I thought our computer must stay connected 24/7 in order for our ea to modify our trade? If we turn off on weekend, then how about our open trades? They still can connected to market once we turn on our computer on sunday night?

2) Can our open trades still connected to live market if our internet connection break down? Can the ea still modify our trades once we reconnect to internet?

3) How about brokers connection failure? If we unable to connect to brokers server for a while, our open trades lost their way?

Thanks in advance for clear my doubt. Hope to learn from you all!!!

HongZai80:
Maybe Im not suppose to post this thread here but I have go through most of the active threads in elite section but still cant find a answer to my doubt.

Im newer than newbie here so please forgive me if I miss the thread that answer my 'stupid' questions here.

Im testing some ea start from beginning of this week. Aft reading a thread which newdigital said that he on his computer 24/5, I have a few questions here.

1) Can we turn OFF our computer on weekend which is no market? I thought our computer must stay connected 24/7 in order for our ea to modify our trade? If we turn off on weekend, then how about our open trades? They still can connected to market once we turn on our computer on sunday night?

2) Can our open trades still connected to live market if our internet connection break down? Can the ea still modify our trades once we reconnect to internet?

3) How about brokers connection failure? If we unable to connect to brokers server for a while, our open trades lost their way?

1) 24/5 is enough

2) Yes, if TP and SL are set they are active, trailing is not active, EA can modify trades after reconnection if it is coded properly to modify all orders / or to modify orders on specified pair / or orders with a specified MagicNumber.

MagicNumber can be assigned by EAs (only) during Orderprocess

3) see 2)

thank you so much bluehippo.

appreciate that!

I posted all the statements and excel performance files yesterday. Sorry, don't want to re-post it spreading to the many threads by same statements.

Results are different: there are some very good results for some EAs and some bad as well ...

Where to get the satements/performance please read this post.

And please read this thread about where to get EAs/settings.

Questions.

Almost every EA is having the thread here in elite section so you may ask any question. But please note: many questions were asked and replied already and it is the better to read particular threads first. Elite section is not having any promotional subject so the question as "what is bad here" or "which problems i will have if i decide to use ... EA with real money" are good and usefull questions here in elite section.

I want to spent some time for today for this thread now https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174793

I want to explain about the differencies in EAs concerning the risk.

For example: GBPUSD pair.

SBS 1.21 version. Breakout system. It is not very risky. Sell order was opened in 06th of this months and was closed with +63 pips.

SBS 1.23. Breakout system. It is risky EA but may be profitable. This EA is trading often. What does it mean "often"? It was +73 pips in 06th of August this year (2 days ago) and -234 pips (stop loss) now. So, it is -161 pips for this week for this pair. This loss is not good but EA is trading every day so it may be nothing affected on total situation. For example: i started to trade this EA in 22nd of July this year with starting deposit $10,000 and I saw 11,400 as a equity and 10,200 as a equity. This EA is trading every day (one trade per day). Good backtesting but we will see about forward testing performance.

Envelope_2.11. Breakout. No one order was opened on GBPUSD during this week. Not risky at all but EA is not trading often. It was +177 pips for GBPSD last week and +746 pips since April 2006. Very slowly going but profitable during forward testing.

20 pips EA. Breakout. No any order was open during this week, last closed order on GBPUSD was +40 pips in 01st of August. It is very slowly going EA and I think that the profit should be calculated yearly for that type of EAs (just to have 30%, or 50%, or 70% return in one year and not every year because it will be always good year and bad year). Not every breakout EAs are based on support/resistance/trend lines. This EA is having different logic but still breakout system.

Brainwashing all the versions. No one order was open on GBPUSD during this week. This EA does not understand "news movement" so no need to switch EA off during the news. GBPUSD pair is good to trade with manual confirmation (in semi-automatic mode) for M15 and H1 timeframe together with some other indicators on the chart.

Step 1.1 mod. Trend follower. +27 closed on yesterday and +115 pips still open. Risky but profitable.

Step 1.45. Trend follower. Not trading often. Less of risky (compare with 1.1 and especially with 1.42). +136 pips closed today. No order is open.

Step 1.42. Trend following. "Always-in-play" EA (always trading) and because of that more risky than 1.45 and 1.1 versions. +13 pips closed yesterday and +118 pips still open.

Goldwarrior (zigzag + cci). Trading not often. Just sometimes. It was loss with -100 pips this week and one order was open today (+3 pips now). But it is nothing for this EA as it made +1260 pips since january 2006 with 163 trades (we are talking about GBPUSD only).

KSRobot_1_5_eur_m15. Not risky at all. Just 50 trades since January 2006:

30; 13; 7; -5; 5; -12; -25; 11; -13; 0; 12; 11; 29; 31; 1; 1, 39, -22, -12, 0, 3, -25, 14, 16, 2, 15, -34, 0, 9, -20, -23, 6, -8, 7, 5, 1, 7, 4, -8, -5, 2, 7, 3, 14, -25, -17, -9, -5, 9, 14, 11.

+71 pips in total.

When we started this forum so we had many people who wanted to see some EAs which are not trading often. We did not have the members who wanted to see "1 million for 1 year" or "300 pips per week every week" or "200% profit for 1 month". Members had more realistic feeling in the beginning. So, this KSRobot_1_5_eur_m15 was just normal case.

Firebird v0.65. Counter trend. It is -218 pips loss for GBPUSD during this week. But it is nothing for this EA as it is +13,603 pips in profit since january 2006 (we are talking now about GBPUSD only). This EA is not simple one and backtesting can not show the real situation. Forward testing only. I wanted to stop testing this EA (because of +13,603 pips ). But many people (who do not have realistic feeling for example) said: "why? it is the best EA!".

So, I am testing this EA only because it is very old well coded complicated EA working on counter trend. Classical one. So, I just found the reason for myself to continue forward testing.

easyLMA_v6. Very very slowly going. Breakout. No trades for this week. Last week was +33 pips. It is not trading every week. +192 pips since February 2006. Stop loss value is 60, tp = 100 and ts = 50. Very very slowly going breakout system. I coded it long time ago according to some request (this EA is using 2 ema indicators with 200 and 50, stochastic indicator, two parabolic indicators and one I_XO_A_H indicator). It is very difficult and unreliable backtested (because of I_XO_A_H indicator) so forward testing only is reliable.

DayTrading3. I don't remember exactly but I think that it is counter trend EA. It is very old EA. Only version with timefilter is profitable. I am testing it since january 2006. This EA is using Momentum, MACD, Stochastic and parabolic SAR. Please note: this EA was coded on the open current bar (open price for 0 bar) so no any backtesting will be reliably (same case with Firebird EA). No trades for GBPUSD this week as EA is not trading often. It is trading by +20 pips 3 or 4 times per week (+60 - +80 pips per week in average) consistently. But one time per half a year this EA is making big loss (about -200 or -250 pips in loss) mainly because of news (high impacted forex news events). The performance is fully depends on the broker's data as this EA is using open price for current bar (and Momentum with open price for 0 bar and so on).

Scalp_net EAs. There are many versions. To say a true it is necessary to correct the settings of the EAs at least once per half a year. Especially for EAs based on ema crossing for example. I am not doing it as I am just testing to see the performance. It is fully related to all Scalp_net versions. No one version is profitable for GBNPUSD (profitable for some other pairs bu not for GBPUSD). Most recent version is Scalp_net_v1.5 and some other versions which I did not test yet (turbu scalper and so on - check files thread for the versions/settings). I created this EAs long time ago with the help of Igorad.

BrainExpert_v2. It is MTF EA. Not trading often. EA is looking for the big movement of the price: it is one small loss, the other small loss and so on just to get big profit. It was one time for GBPJOY (+1,000 pips in one trade).

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.4. Just started to test it. It is "long way run" EA. Because this EA is trading M15 using monthly direction of the trend and having stop loss designed on monthly timeframe as well. So stop loss will be big and drowdawn may be big as well. Monthly direction is monthly cvhart/bars. I bar on MN timeframe is 1 month. So, it is long way run. I just started testing this version with this monthly logic. May be, we will improve something but still no any opinion about (testing just started). I am testing 14 pairs and for 2 days now (starting deposit 50,000; now balance is 51,630 and equity is 50,100). But I am estimating he market condition monthly and weekly ansd telling which pairs should be traded next week and month so we really do not need all 14 pairs (it will be 1 or 4 pairs, or 0 for example for some week).

Reason: