Moving Average - page 108

Mladen,

I got this for you. this is almost what I want, the only differnece is that I want the ratio, while this one shows the absolute difference value. Anyway, it is a good indicator, take a look.

ma_difference.mq4

wccmcd:
Mladen,

I wonder if I can get a indicator like this:

MA1 = 30 period LWMA;

MA2 = 120 period LWMA;

DIFF= absolute value of MA1-MA2;

if MA1>MA2, plot 4 lines above MA1 @1*DIFF, 1.5*DIFF, 2*DIFF, AND 2.5*DIFF

if MA1<MA2, plot 4 lines under MA1 @1*DIFF, 1.5*DIFF, 2*DIFF, AND 2.5*DIFF

These lines are floating as the two LWMA change their value from tick to tick.

The reason I want it is quite interesting:

By using TMA, we can estimate a turning point -- by assuming the first halflength of the TMA equals to the second halflength. That is, as I understand, also called FLD. Since the time estimation of FLD is very approximate, I found the price normally have a big jump up or big drop when it is apparaching the FLD turning point. I also found that around the FLD turning point, any price movement beyond 2*DIFF is almost a good entry point.

Not sure if I expressed myself clearly, also not sure what indicator catagory it belongs to...

Need your comment.
Files:

Color moving average (works with new metatrader)

macolor.mq4

Files:
ma_color.gif  29 kb
macolor.mq4  2 kb

Moving Average with Percentage level (not pips level)

Hi friends,

Please help to code a moving average with percentage level (not with pips).

Thank you,

anton

Files:
eurusdh1.png  44 kb

anton1:
Hi friends,

Please help to code a moving average with percentage level (not with pips).

Thank you,

anton

anton

If you use % for bands on low time frames they will be too wide, and on high time frames whey will be to narrow. You will always have top change the % depending on time frame. In my opinion better to use bollinger or keltner channel - they are actually adapting itself to time frames, price changes and volatility

Hi mladen,

Yes, you are right.

Would you please to code the indi that I need?

Thank you and Regards,

anton

Vinin LRMA in color

vinini_lrma_color.mq4

Files:

Seems that in this book Commodity Futures Trading With Moving Averages: Joseph R., Sr. Maxwell: 9780917832093: Amazon.com: Books it is described as a new kind of moving average

Place SMMA with the same period over it and see what will you get

Files:
i-amma.mq4  2 kb

nbtrading:
Seems that in this book Commodity Futures Trading With Moving Averages: Joseph R., Sr. Maxwell: 9780917832093: Amazon.com: Books it is described as a new kind of moving average Place SMMA with the same period over it and see what will you get

i-AMMA == SMMA == Wilders MA (EMA)

mladen:
:) i-AMMA == SMMA == Wilders MA (EMA)

Why did they name then SMMA like that? Which one was the first : smma or Wilders MA?

morro:
Why did they name then SMMA like that? Which one was the first : smma or Wilders MA?

Quite frankly I do not know which one was the first

SMMA ,i-AMMA are actually what is better known as MMA (modified moving average) and even though the formula looks differently at a first glance, after some math it turns out to be a special case of ema. That calculation was used by Welles Wilders in his calculations (among other things, it is an integral part of the ADX (the real ADX, not the metatrader built in ADX which is unknown what is it)

Been googling the net to find which ne was used first but could not find. from the fact that I found that the modified moving average is having formula in Mathematica and knowing that Stephen Wolfram rarely makes mistakes, I assume that MMA was there first, but please do not take my word for it

Reason: