Moving Average - page 70

Jeeves:
Hi, Is anyone one able to provide the calculations required to forecast the price at which two EMA's will cross?

That will require to forecast how fast price will move in a certain direction, don't you think...?

we can have someone to find the best fit INPUTS

for very COOL indicator as it change every 2 months

then we program it into the indicators -- say TD___june

FORECAST??? haha , you could predict the prom session easier -- why not do it AFTER and BEYOND ?

different people have different thinking and trading style

-- prediction is a statistical science, it crosses because to the MOVEMENT in the next 10 bar or so -- so the request could be INVALID (in many level, e.g. if we know the next 10, not next 5 -- we could make MONEY already; but - you could use your Creative way to use CROSSES -- I've found a couple ways)

fxnewbie:
That will require to forecast how fast price will move in a certain direction, don't you think...?

I think probably just an input of a future prce will do....it will give a price by trial and error:

EMA 1 = 3,000

EMA 2 = 2,000

Price = 1,000 - Short

Input Price = 3,000

EMA2 = 2,000

EMA1 = 1,000 - Long

I really just need the calculation for an EMA

But I was looking for someone who has already put together a spread sheet.

Thanks for the reply, though.

Candle Close Above or Below Moving Average

Hi all,

Can someone tell me is there an indicator available that will paint an arrow on the chart when a candle closes above/below a specified moving average.

For example a 10 Smoothed Moving Average calculated from High or Low, candle must close above or below the moving average.

Thanks

Files:
1.jpg  136 kb

Arnaud Legoux Moving Average

Hi

anyone can code "Arnaud Legoux Moving Average" for Metatrader? It is freely available in Ninjatrader version (here: arnaudlegoux.com)

Thanks.

Here you go :

Upper - NinjaTrader alma 14,6,05

Lower - metatrader alma 14,6,05

PS: they are using only close in NinjaTrader version, with this one you can choose

regards

mladen

Dan78:
Hi

anyone can code "Arnaud Legoux Moving Average" for Metatrader? It is freely available in Ninjatrader version (here: arnaudlegoux.com)

Thanks.
Files:
alma.gif  28 kb
alma.mq4  3 kb

Draw moving average line as background?

Hello traders,

I wonder if there is a way to draw moving average line as background..

I have an option(draw an object as background) for horizontal/vertical line but I don't see the same option for moving average..

I like the candle displayed at the top and everything else as background such as moving average, bollinger band..

Right click on your chart, select properties, then make sure the ''chart on foreground'' box is selected in the top left corner of your common properties.

Bar Close Above/Below a smoothed moving average high/lows

Can anyone point me towards an indicator that will paint an arrow on the chart once a bar closes above/below a particular moving average.

I would like to be able to select a 10 period smoothed moving average using the highs and then have the indicator paint an arrow/alert whenever price goes below the moving average and then when the bar closes above the moving average.

The bar price must go below the moving average low or open, and the close must be above the moving average.

I would also like to be able to do the opposite, that is select a 10 period smoothed moving average using the lows, and then have the indicator paint an arrow/alert whenever price goes above the moving average and then when the bar closes below the moving average.

The bar price must go above the moving average high or open, and then close must be below the moving average.

I hope there is an indicator that is available somewhere on this thread that can do it.

If someone knows of such an indicator that would be very helpful

druss72:
Can anyone point me towards an indicator that will paint an arrow on the chart once a bar closes above/below a particular moving average.

Hi,

This one sounds like what you are after.

Select

1: Moving Average Period

2: Mode

3:View signals on High MA, Low MA or Both.

Pic shows all signals on high and low.

Cheers.

Reason: