CatFx50 - page 194

i live on east coast when i can get up at 200 am my time or 11 pm your time i trade otherwise i start at 800 am and wait for good signal that would be 5am your time there are signals in ny session i know its hard for you and me but i do this for a living so no job to go to

questormon:
Hi-

but I wonder if the recommendation by Nina to trade CatFX50 at hours 08:00 CET to 18:00 CET means that CatFX50 will not work during other trading hours. I am located in California. Will CatFX50 work during New York trading hours? If not, are there adjustments I can make for it to work?

Thanks to all,

questormon

18:00 CET is 12:00PM Eastern Standard time..

So, I'm not sure what you're asking..

I'm in the EST zone..i trade 8am to 12pm

SPACECHIMP:
18:00 CET is 12:00PM Eastern Standard time..

So, I'm not sure what you're asking..

I'm in the EST zone..i trade 8am to 12pm

Hi Spacechimp-

Oh, I see your point.

I did not translate the timezones properly.

questormon

questormon:
Hi Spacechimp-

Oh, I see your point.

I did not translate the timezones properly.

questormon

Hi Questormon,

CatFX50 works best during the european trading hours like a lot of other systems too, regarding the currency pairs caontaining (EUR, GBP, USD, JPY)

During this session the market is crowded because of there are the normal market members of europe, in the morning from asia and in the evening from usa. A crowd of members with different opinions is important to have volatility in the market - less volatility - difficult trading.

best regards mibl

questormon:
I would appreciate any help or comments from the forum.

I have developed my charts with the following indicators:

1. StepMA ("Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02.mq4" with Bars=2000

2. EMA50 plotted on chart

3. Fibonacci Pivots (“FiboPiv_v3.mq4”)

4. Camarilla Pivots (“0 – Camarilla Zones_01.mq4”)

5. Inverseind with EMA50 (“IND_Inverse_Histo_v1.mq4”)

Could someone confirm whether the settings should be:

For StepMA:

PeriodWATR=10, kWATR=1, HighLow=0

or

PeriodWATR=10, kWATR=1.1, HighLow=1

For Inverseind:

iperiod=1

or

iperiod=2

Does it matter that the fib and camarilla indicators calculate based on GMT if I am trading 8am to 12pm EST?

Is there any consensus about where to place stops?

Thanks for your help.

Questormon

For CatFX50 you need 1. (2000) + 2. (with 10/1.0/0)

The rest is not really part of the system - it depends on you if you want to them for an exit strategy.

Initial Stop 34 pips. (uses Nina)

I trail the stop under the usage of Fibo-Pivots (but including the feelings of my stomach) in line with my exit strategy - reaching the next step of fibo pivots - exit a lot (1/3 or 1/4 part of the position size) and trail the stop to the previous step.

b.r. mibl

Dave1:
Hi Nina and friends,

Just come across this thread and must say this strategy looks good at the moment. I would like to get the most upto date version of this system and its indicators. I have searched for inverseind for example and havn't come across it as yet. If there is a complete package with everything in can some kind sole please direct me to it.

Also, how do you interperate or read the stepma_ stock and sto indicators, never come across these before.

Your help is appreciated.

Keep up the good work Nina.

Most of them you'll find here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173201/page118 and in Nina's first posting in this thread

b.r. mibl

hi, where can I find the inverseind indicator please?

anyone here know how to take a custom indicator and make it an expert so i could test it also anyone take to euro sell signal at 1952

Reason: