CatFx50 - page 32

Hi Nina,

Sorry for the late update, but I didn't have as much time as I anticipated this weekend. Yesterday I looked at North Finance, Neuimex, MIG, and Interbank. It appears that the issue of the missed signal on the spike January 6th is solely due to the data feed coming from the dealer. I'm not sure there is any way of tweaking CatFX50 to fix the missed alerts on such a spike. The only idea I have come up with is to confirm any move in TF15 after 15 minutes to verify whether we should have entry or not. This goes against the rules of CatFX50, so I'm not sure we would want to do this. I have images at home of Interbank, but since you have already seen the issue on the other 3 dealers, I did not post Interbank as it is the same issue.

On another note, I noticed that you mentioned not entering a position if 50EMA is more than 20 pips away from the entry point. Is this a new added rule to CatFX50, or something you might have left out? We can easily incorporate this into the indicator.

Thanks,

Mookfx

mookfx:
Hi Nina,

Sorry for the late update, but I didn't have as much time as I anticipated this weekend. Yesterday I looked at North Finance, Neuimex, MIG, and Interbank. It appears that the issue of the missed signal on the spike January 6th is solely due to the data feed coming from the dealer. I'm not sure there is any way of tweaking CatFX50 to fix the missed alerts on such a spike. The only idea I have come up with is to confirm any move in TF15 after 15 minutes to verify whether we should have entry or not. This goes against the rules of CatFX50, so I'm not sure we would want to do this. I have images at home of Interbank, but since you have already seen the issue on the other 3 dealers, I did not post Interbank as it is the same issue.

On another note, I noticed that you mentioned not entering a position if 50EMA is more than 20 pips away from the entry point. Is this a new added rule to CatFX50, or something you might have left out? We can easily incorporate this into the indicator.

Thanks,

Mookfx

Hi, Mookfx!

I do not know what's going on with broker's data feed, but with North Finance StepMA_Stoch seems to work better.

About TF15: I do not know if it would be better. The indicator should be able to draw arrows with all the rules posted.

About +20 pips: Maybe it should be more than that. I like to take the crosses, I like to be in at the begining of the movement. Do not input this into the indicator.

Today, for instance, on USDCHF, last opportunity to get in was at 1.2743. EMA50 was 20 pips below.

We should feel the market; we should try to see if there is speed and so on.

Nina

Nina

Audio Alert ?!

Hi Nina, Hi Muram,

I noticed that the shi_channel_talking indicator gives you an audio alert when certain parameter are met like the "EUR/USD channel is narrowing". The alert is given on all open currencies with the indicator, even when you are looking at the GBP/USD it still tells you events at the EUR/USD.

What do you guys think about something like that with the validation of CatFX50 indicator, makes it a bit easier to monitor several pairs at once, sorry my programming skills are at best limited

Stephan

Files:

Sorry Nina,

I do not understand anything, I also I have the same broker North Finance, but the signals of the indicator StepMa stoch v.1 completely different as he is possible this??.

Gracias y un saludo.

Pd. Sorry for my bad english.

Very interesting system.

I was wondering if any body has traded this live on demo or with a real account and had results that are similar to the ones posted on this thread.

Thanks

Hello group,

thank you has all for your participation to answer me : xsd, subsecond,

shausmann

chart variance

I have compared the 50 EMA cross confirmed by the Step_MA on the charts uploaded by Nina & shausmann with my chart as seen here and noticed that my Step_MA (note I am using StepMA_Stoch_V1) does not have that nice decisive cross at ~ 8:00 CET as shown by others.

I just captured this image so I am not sure if it has changed as we move forward in time, that is, back adjusting or whether I am using the right StepMA_Stock with default setting though I believe I am.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

svirgo

Files:
chart.jpg  154 kb
chart2.jpg  84 kb

svirgo:
I have compared the 50 EMA cross confirmed by the Step_MA on the charts uploaded by Nina & shausmann with my chart as seen here and noticed that my Step_MA (note I am using StepMA_Stoch_V1) does not have that nice decisive cross at ~ 8:00 CET as shown by others.

I just captured this image so I am not sure if it has changed as we move forward in time, that is, back adjusting or whether I am using the right StepMA_Stock with default setting though I believe I am.

Thanks

svirgo

Hi, svirgo!

Well, as we all can see, StepMA_Stoch has differences according to which broker you use. As far as I've seen, Norh Finance is the best one.

But listen: I'm not an IB of North Finance. I do not have an account with them. I do not know them. I only know that their demo works fine for me.

Nina

Step_MA varies with broker

svirgo:

Thanks

svirgo

Hey svirgo,

we noticed that Step_Ma varies from broker to broker, not shure what to do about it, I use Interbank Fx and get a clear cross, but I'm trading with FX Solution.

svirgo:

Thanks

svirgo

Hey svirgo,

Do you wanna double check your settings on Step_MA_Stoch (the 2nd param has to carry 1.0) and you seems to have 1.10.

Let us know, what you have.

Reason: