CatFx50 - page 3

Hi!

Here you have what I've done so far.

Files:
dia.jpg  56 kb

Posting and trading is a bad thing.

I could not short cable cause I was posting and writing.

Let the force be with you and Bush with someone else!!!

Nina

Hi, buddies!!!

The easiest of all keeps making money.

Today's trades (from 8 to 18gmt):

EURUSD, sold at 1.1784. Made a low at 1.1766. (Winner: 18 pips)

EURUSD, bought at 1.1795. Made a high at 1.1838. (Winner: 43 pips)

GBPUSD, short at 1.7481. Made a low at 1.7460. (Winner with doubts. Some platforms give entry at 1.7466. So, it could have been a lost of 16 pips).

GBPUSD, buy at 1.7482. Made a high at 1.7564. (Winner: 82 pips)

USDCHF, buy at 1.3037. Made a high at 1.3065. (Winner: 28 pips).

USDCHF, there was a sell at 1.3026, but filter did not approve cross.

USDCHF, there was another sell with profit at 1.3027, but filter did not appove it.

Total (potential P&L)= 159 pips.

Feel the crosses with these charts: (They cover the whole week)

Files:
eurusd.jpg  80 kb
gbpusd.jpg  74 kb
usdchf.jpg  72 kb
usdjpy.jpg  89 kb

End of the day.

BTW, I do not want to start a debate now about MM, risk/ratio and so on.

For me there are one rule that is crystall clear in FOREX:

Once you've blowned up a few demo accounts, you should, with what you've gained through experience, start trading live with no less than $50,000. And, if you can do it with $100k, the better.

Of course, you should have a system!!!!!!!!!!

If you feel happy making 100 pips a week trading lots of $10k, all the best to you.

I don't. Time is money and if you divide the amount of weekly hours you pass the time looking at your screen or screens by 100 pips, you will see it is an absurdity: read a book; it is better.

Sorry.

Nina

Files:
09-12-05.jpg  77 kb

Nina .. what are the best times (GMT) and days to trade your FOREX markets and where do I find details of scheduled reports etc that could influence the market so that I can avoid trading during those times ?

thanks

Hi, Billm!

billm:
Nina .. what are the best times (GMT) and days to trade your FOREX markets and where do I find details of scheduled reports etc that could influence the market so that I can avoid trading during those times ? thanks

As you know, the best times to trade are those where all the big boys are playing with their toys. Go here:

http://www.aboutforex.com/

For me:

From 08:00 CET to 18:00 CET.

During Europe morning session you get news releases that shake the market. So you must be aware about these releases. There are a lot sites that give you the schedule of each trading day. Your broker should.

Beyond that, you have a very sensitive and "dangerous" time period. It goes from 13:30 to 15:00 CET. American boys come in and they shake trends with their news. So, if you are already sold or bought, place your stops accordingly.

If there is a cross at, lets say, 14:00 CET, I don't jump if we have important data at 14:30.

Here you have a nice site to know more about US economic events:

http://mam.econoday.com/calendar/US/EN/New_York/year/2004/month/01/day/05/daily/index.html

Nina

nina:

EURUSD, sold at 1.1784. Made a low at 1.1766. (Winner: 18 pips)

EURUSD, bought at 1.1795. Made a high at 1.1838. (Winner: 43 pips)

GBPUSD, short at 1.7481. Made a low at 1.7460. (Winner with doubts. Some platforms give entry at 1.7466. So, it could have been a lost of 16 pips).

GBPUSD, buy at 1.7482. Made a high at 1.7564. (Winner: 82 pips)

USDCHF, buy at 1.3037. Made a high at 1.3065. (Winner: 28 pips).

USDCHF, there was a sell at 1.3026, but filter did not approve cross.

USDCHF, there was another sell with profit at 1.3027, but filter did not appove it.

Hi Nina, thanks for the FOREX info.

What filter are you using that did not approve these last 2 signals ?

Eaasiest system

HI Nina,

Being new I was following your thread okay until thread #33 where you mentioned PIVOT and SHI-channel ,,,,I have no idea now how to include these to this system theads #1 thru #32............

tks

leighton

Hi. Leightonbeaty!!

leightonbeaty:
HI Nina,

Being new I was following your thread okay until thread #33 where you mentioned PIVOT and SHI-channel ,,,,I have no idea now how to include these to this system theads #1 thru #32............

Well, you know, I do not jump in blindly. That's why I use Pivots, Shi-Channel... Every trader has his own arsenal. It's worthy too to try to guess "the mood" of a given pair at a given moment. And, of course, if we want to trade eurusd is mandatory to look at USDCHF.

Pivots: when I began this "painfully" journey to try to complement my incomes, I thought Pivots where nonsense. Reality has thought me that the only nonsense here was my stupidity. Pivots count, mate: they truly do.

So, you should always look at them I use FiboPivots (attached). This indicator does not work on Monday. Could anyone arrange it?

Shi-Channel (attached): a great tool. You'll see it. Sometimes they do not pop up on TF5. Switch between 5-15 and 30 minutes.

Good luck!

Good and gorgeous morning!!!

Well, buddies, a great morning, isn't it?

I do not trade this system out of my time, but, if you've done it, here are the trades:

I do not take into account the gap.

EURUSD, was a buy at 1.1818. Made a high so far at 1.1893: +75 pips.

USDCHF, was a sell at 1.3018. Made a low so far at 1.2937: +81 pips.

GBPUSD, was a buy at 1.7528. Made a high so far at 1.7659: +131 pips.

TOTAL: 287 pips.

If you want to count the gap, I do not recommend that if you don't see a big rush, here you are:

The above possies are the same.

EURUSD was a sell at 1.1792. Clossed at 1.1804. -12 pips.

EURUSD was a buy at 1.1804. Close at 1.1801. -3pips.

EURUSD was a sell at 1.1801. Clossed at 1.1818. -17pips.

USDCHF was a buy at 1.3040. Clossed at 1.3018. -32pips.

GBPUSD was a sell at 1.7514. Clossed at 1.7528. -14pips.

Total= -78.

Final= 287 - 78 = +209!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then mates you must take into account than you are not robots. Plus you have filters.

I know, I know, you'll think: "It is an easy system, ergo: no good". That thinking makes rich all those snake oil sellers.

Good luck!!

Nina

Reason: