Fisher - page 4

Forexpipmaster,

Ravi_Fx_Fisher & Fx_Fisher(posted by Nina) are differ...

It does recalibrate the last several bars - that's why it looks so good. Watch it realtime on a 1 minute chart. A down bar can become an extension of the last up move, and the down move shifted to the next bar. It's a shame because it looks so damned good on the chart

Hi Guys,

I've ben looking at this indicator over the weekend. Unfortunately it looked too good to be true, and was. The repainting of the bars is a real problem, I have noticed though, that the formula calculations are very similar to that of the CCI Indicator, which won't change (recalculate) when plotted on a chart.

Maybe the Fisher could be used as the signal, with the CCI as the confirmation? The peroids I look at are quite large to filter out the noise, will try it on Monday.

CMC

FX Fish

Emerald King:
@forexpipmaster

If you are talking about RAVI FX Fisher code then it would be this

for (int shift = limit; shift>=0;shift--)

@gsepulveda71

Yes they re-paint past bars but it is not a bug or an error. That was what the original designer had intented for his code.

Some Indicators and EA's work well but cant be backtested nor looked at on historical charts because they work only in the current bar.

Thanks

EK

EK: The kine of code that I was talking about is from the FX_Fish and not the Ravi FX Fisher.

@forexpipmaster,

yes, the line of code you refer is from original FX_FISH, but is not really important, because is used only to delete text strings on chart. Nothing to do with calculating indicator values.

FX Fish

beerhunter:
@forexpipmaster, yes, the line of code you refer is from original FX_FISH, but is not really important, because is used only to delete text strings on chart. Nothing to do with calculating indicator values.

beerhunter: Thank you for the info. Is there anyway the FX Fish can be altered,( I think it has alot of potential) , to make it work so better, so that maybe we can get it to chnage the colour of bars to a max of 2-3 bars back

forexpipmaster:
beerhunter: Thank you for the info. Is there anyway the FX Fish can be altered,( I think it has alot of potential) , to make it work so better, so that maybe we can get it to chnage the colour of bars to a max of 2-3 bars back

same request here...

i appreciate the efforts put in coding all this indicators but please, when posting this lookback indicators refer that fact, because it's a waste of time otherwise

i think indicators that repaint past values are virtually useless

camisa:
i think indicators that repaint past values are virtually useless

Yep--unless you can go back and trade it again! Must be a broker out there somewhere who'd go for that....

Can someone tell me how many bars back can the FX_FISH indicator paint? Does it depend on its settings?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Can someone please post an Expert for the Fisher Indicator (YUR4Ik version)

It works fine for me, although it paints the past, it's still a good indicator

Thanks

Reason: