Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 80

I am here..it doesn't repaint...it has too many false signals

Many Thanks!

SIMBA:
PIP,

Use this indicator to extrapolate any other indicator you want to extrapolate.

It is preset for the WPR,but you just change this line of code,and modify it.

in=0.5+iWPR(NULL,0,50,i+lb)/100.0; //change indicator here

My suggestion is that you use harmonics 2 to 20,play with them WITH THE VISUAL TESTER and see which ones fit better.

I have found,that,depending on the base indicator,you must modify the number of past bars used,so,experiment with the visual tester until you find the right fit....usually it will be between 250 and 1000 past bars,you can try it in steps of 250 first and then in steps of 50 around the best of the 4 previous fits...this will find the best fit quickly.

Fourier has an smoothing effect which is interesting IMO...if you want to exactly reproduce the indicator and then project x bars into the future,use harmonics 25 to 50 until you see the right fit for the past data.

As I told you ,if the basis for the projection has no edge,the projection will be wrong.

Try to keep posting at this thread after you find the HG

Regards

S

SIMBA,

Thank you for the indicator. For testing purposes I have used it on Cycle_GJH4 and below is the outcome

MSFT H4 chart, entered long on a retracement. So far in the $.

P.S. I have incorporated the Zero Lag MACD into my strategy, much tighter signals - Thanks.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Files:

A quick question

Pip:
SIMBA,

MSFT H4 chart, entered long on a retracement. So far in the $.

Cheers,

Pip,

I am asking this question to clarify what I see on the chart you posted. It seems the higher TF filter and the current TF filter are headed the opposite directions. What are your thoughts on this? Would it be better to wait till they agreed or are you using the current TF filter as your entry?

Thanks,

Jim

homestudy:
Pip,

I am asking this question to clarify what I see on the chart you posted. It seems the higher TF filter and the current TF filter are headed the opposite directions. What are your thoughts on this? Would it be better to wait till they agreed or are you using the current TF filter as your entry?

Thanks,

Jim

Hello Homestudy,

I am using the H4 and D1 time frames to make my decision. All Indicators on both time frames are saying the same story (at least in my eyes). I have included a screen shot below and will share with you my thought process for your review (and possibly benefit/critic?).

Here is the setup on the H4 (current) time frame

1) MACD pointing up

2) 4H Cycle_GJH4 pointing up

3) Triggerlines pointing up

4) D1 MTF Cycle_GJH4 flattening

4) 4H Cycle_GJH4 forecast pointing up (less reliable but nevertheless pointing in the right direction)

Direction Projection: Long

Entry: 38.2% retracement of previous move

Setup on the D1 time frame

1) MACD crossed to the upside

2) D1 Cycle_GJH4 flattening

3) Triggerlines crossing up

3) D1 Cycle_GJH4 forecast pointing up (less reliable but nevertheless pointing in the right direction)

Direction projection: Long

Based on the above I made the entry position (i.e. everything is saying go long); nevertheless, I am being cautious since the rating of the setup is not exactly perfect (I would have licked for the D1 Cycle_GJH4 to be actually pointing up rather than being flat, or even better a bullish divergence on the D1 time frame). So, i have placed my takeprofit below the high if the previous of the 4H bar and my stoploss is the low of the previous bar as well.

As we all know, trading is not exact science but rather a game of probability and so, there is a chance for me to be wrong, but that is ok. You make some and lose some.

I hope this has been helpful.

Cheers,

Files:
setup.jpg  126 kb

leledc:
Added alert with lines and/or arrows...Hope you like it!!!

Very nice Thanks a lot!

leledc:
Added alert with lines and/or arrows...Hope you like it!!!

Nice work Leledc!

Now the picture in my previous post (trade setup) is clearer.

Thanks,

Files:

??????

how to change base indicator in extrapolator?

Pava:
how to change base indicator in extrapolator?

Change where you see iWPR(NULL,0,50,i+lb).Bye

:)

Reading some recent "enlightening" posts and I have a confession to make :
I am so glad that I don't think that THERE ARE CYCLES in market

I am so glad that I can hear the ULTIMATE WISDOM QUESTION (the "does it repaint")

I am so glad that no one in RIGHT MIND would even think of looking for cycles

But wait, are these cycles that I see? Nagh, it just looks like cycles. Just an illusion

But wait, it must be repainting than. Of course. Double smoothed stochastic is famous for its repainting

Or I am just kidding ...

PS: simba, tools, adding to the signature : it will confess. All we need is an additional twist or two of natures arm
Files:
dss.gif  24 kb

mladen:
Reading some recent "enlightening" posts and I have a confession to make :
I am so glad that I don't think that THERE ARE CYCLES in market

I am so glad that I can hear the ULTIMATE WISDOM QUESTION (the "does it repaint")

I am so glad that no one in RIGHT MIND would even think of looking for cycles

But wait, are these cycles that I see? Nagh, it just looks like cycles. Just an illusion

But wait, it must be repainting than. Of course. Double smoothed stochastic is famous for its repainting

Or I am just kidding ...

PS: simba, tools, adding to the signature : it will confess. All we need is an additional twist or two of natures arm

You forgot the 2 most important cycles : solar and pluton cycles

During these few days i had so much fun reading forex-tsd

Love to have a good laugh thanks guys, cya mladen

Reason: