T3 - page 27

WR1:
Hi Mr Tools

please can you add a function to turn off the lines on the T3_ITrend Histo_mtf+alerts.mq4

i had a quick look, but cant see how

thanks alot

WR1, here on the UniqueID = "Lines1", if you leave that blank the lines will not show.

T3 mtf

mrtools:
Hello Mort000, Here is a histo version.

Thanks for the quick response. I've played with the settings and had a couple questions;

-I see the vertical markers line where price has crossed the T3 on whatever time frame chart is selected on current install of the indicator.

- But I only get a horz red line displayed in the sub chart indicator area. I don't see it changing from blue to red at a crossover as on your chart? (On the first version) I see the change in the second Histo version--great !

-What are the differences between the 'original' T3 and non-original T3? I'm trying to match that to the T3 indie I'm using on the chart.

- Is it possible that you could add //comments in the file to explain some of the settings?

- Is it possible to have the histogram switch colors and represent crossovers between two different T3 settings on other time frame charts? For example same two T3s with same settings, but on 1H, 4H, 1D, time frame charts?

Thanks!

marketjouster:
Thanks for the quick response. I've played with the settings and had a couple questions;

-I see the vertical markers line where price has crossed the T3 on whatever time frame chart is selected on current install of the indicator.

- But I only get a horz red line displayed in the sub chart indicator area. I don't see it changing from blue to red at a crossover as on your chart? (On the first version) I see the change in the second Histo version--great !

-What are the differences between the 'original' T3 and non-original T3? I'm trying to match that to the T3 indie I'm using on the chart.

- Is it possible that you could add //comments in the file to explain some of the settings?

- Is it possible to have the histogram switch colors and represent crossovers between two different T3 settings on other time frame charts? For example same two T3s with same settings, but on 1H, 4H, 1D, time frame charts?

Thanks!

Hello Marketjouster,

The version that was posted for me to do the mod the alerts and lines are based on the Itrend close bar crossing zero, so that was what i based the histo on.

The original T3 is the original T3 done the Tim Tilson way, if T3Original = false, you will be using the T3 with a less lag which was introduced by Bob Fulks and Alex Matulich.

If you want to use more than one line you simply need to have a different unique ID for every line you have on your chart, on this picture using one version on hourly chart unique id is Line1 the other is off of 4 hour chart changed the lines color and called the unique ID Line2.

Files:

Thanks Mr Tools

2 - T3's cross on MTF

mrtools:
Hello Marketjouster,

The version that was posted for me to do the mod the alerts and lines are based on the Itrend close bar crossing zero, so that was what i based the histo on.

The original T3 is the original T3 done the Tim Tilson way, if T3Original = false, you will be using the T3 with a less lag which was introduced by Bob Fulks and Alex Matulich.

If you want to use more than one line you simply need to have a different unique ID for every line you have on your chart, on this picture using one version on hourly chart unique id is Line1 the other is off of 4 hour chart changed the lines color and called the unique ID Line2.

Thanks Mr. Tools for your work and explanation!

In the settings what would you interchange in the 'Price' setting? I've left it at default.

Is it possible to display the crossover of two T3s, each with different settings, rather than the cross/close of price over a T3 as currently displayed?

This is very helpful.

marketjouster:
Thanks Mr. Tools for your work and explanation!

In the settings what would you interchange in the 'Price' setting? I've left it at default.

Is it possible to display the crossover of two T3s, each with different settings, rather than the cross/close of price over a T3 as currently displayed?

This is very helpful.

On this version you can use as zero cross or if zeroCross = false then will be the cross of the 2 lines,everything else is the same.

What I didn't completely explain is the 2 lines are actually based on the bulls and bears indicators if the green(bulls) is above zero then green histo and if the red line(bears) greater than zero then red histo.

2 T3's crossing

mrtools:
On this version you can use as zero cross or if zeroCross = false then will be the cross of the 2 lines,everything else is the same. What I didn't completely explain is the 2 lines are actually based on the bulls and bears indicators if the green(bulls) is above zero then green histo and if the red line(bears) greater than zero then red histo.

Hmm, Sorry but not sure I understand about the Bulls and Bears indicator?. I thought your indie posted here was tracking the action of the T3 MA? If the indicator you've posted would show the cross of two T3's, each with different settings (ie, 34 length, .5, & 55 length, .3) wouldn't there need to be a settings input for these two T3 indicators in your indicators settings? The two T3's would have different settings so they would cross at points, but you could then install as many as one liked, each representing a different time frame chart.

Thanks.

marketjouster:
Hmm, Sorry but not sure I understand about the Bulls and Bears indicator?. I thought your indie posted here was tracking the action of the T3 MA? If the indicator you've posted would show the cross of two T3's, each with different settings (ie, 34 length, .5, & 55 length, .3) wouldn't there need to be a settings input for these two T3 indicators in your indicators settings? The two T3's would have different settings so they would cross at points, but you could then install as many as one liked, each representing a different time frame chart. Thanks.

Original ITrend is a combination of the bulls and bears indicator represented in those 2 lines the T3 is used to smooth those lines somewhat.The reason they are represented with one period is for making the bulls and bears equal and making it more of a natural crossing point, for whatever crossing point period one chooses.

Request for clarity plse

marketjouster:
Hello MLaden,

I like using the T3 and have been reviewing all the great T3 based indicators you've coded on this thread. I've been finding success trading the T3 on 15m with settings 68 length and .86.

It would be very helpful to have a histogram of what the T3 is doing on higher time frames like the 4H, so I can be sure to trade in the primary trended direction. Have you coded a MTF histogram or colored bars of the T3? It could simply display a stack of horizontal rows of red/green, with each horizontal line reporting one time frame for each bar. For example only one horz line if only the 4H was reported, two-three if the 1H, 4H, 1D, etc. were reported. The red/green signals would indicate the position of price relative to the T3 on the each time frame. A quick glance could tell you if the current 15m signal was in agreement and good to take.

If you wanted to get exotic I suppose you could place a signal arrow on the chart when there was agreement between all time frames that were chosen to reference.

If you've already coded something like this could you let me know? Thanks very much!

Hello MJ,

Would you be kind enough and post a picture of your M-15 TF with just the indicator you are using plse?

There are various versions available and I post one here for you to see set to your suggested settings on M-15.

I also find the T3 very successful, but I am not using your settings.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Improved screen-print

Sorry, I was not allowed to delete my previous screen-print in spite of being within the 30m time frame, so I am adding this one for further clarity where I have added the third T3 at the bottom also with the same settings.

Would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks.

Reason: