Adaptive lookback indicators - page 41

Scrat:
mladen, i wanted to ask if you could write a "cumulative" indicator for alb-ma. basically, i to get rid of the of the clutter on the screen and so a great help would be a histo-type indicator showing when there is a cross between two same type - let's say, cross between alb-ma(open) and alb-ma(close). you've done it before for another favorite of mine (digital filters...), and i am attaching it here as an example along with a chart pic. p.s. also, could you add color coding into this alb-ma, along with alert options (arrow... sound... email)? would be a tremendous help - many thanks in advance!!

Here is a "simple" histogram version (one alb moving average - alerts included already) : alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts_smoothed_histo.mq4

thank you! faster than expected, like always! already trying them out do you think the "double" average histo is doable?

actually, what i was thinking was a histogram following the cross between 2 alb's, let's say 1st alb-open / 2nd alb-close (but that can as well be open vs. typical; or close vs. typical); if alb-close is above alb-open, then histo is green; if it's below, histo is red.

mladen:
Here is a "simple" histogram version (one alb moving average - alerts included already) : alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts_smoothed_histo.mq4

Scrat:
actually, what i was thinking was a histogram following the cross between 2 alb's, let's say 1st alb-open / 2nd alb-close (but that can as well be open vs. typical; or close vs. typical); if alb-close is above alb-open, then histo is green; if it's below, histo is red.

Seems that I misunderstood

Will make that version too

it's because of me, i should have provided more details from the beginning. i attached that indi example - histo showing a cross between two digital filters - and i assumed that you would be looking into that to see how it was build. my apologies.

mladen:
Seems that I misunderstood Will make that version too

Scrat:
it's because of me, i should have provided more details from the beginning. i attached that indi example - histo showing a cross between two digital filters - and i assumed that you would be looking into that to see how it was build. my apologies.

Scrat

This should do it : double_alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts_smoothed_histo.mq4

There are two separate adaptive look back moving averages with separates settings for both. The color changes depending on their crosses. First ma is assumed to be the faster. I used a simple setting since I do not know which parameters are you using (simply the speed of the second is set to 2 while the speed of the first is set to 1, all the rest is the same). It will probably need some "parameters playing"

thank you, mladen.

it works just as i expected - most of the times i use a cross of two averages, open vs close, with the rest of parameters identical for both of them. i asked for the histogram because it is more accurate to show the cross.

can you make a mtf version of this one?

mladen:
Scrat

This should do it : double_alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts_smoothed_histo.mq4

There are two separate adaptive look back moving averages with separates settings for both. The color changes depending on their crosses. First ma is assumed to be the faster. I used a simple setting since I do not know which parameters are you using (simply the speed of the second is set to 2 while the speed of the first is set to 1, all the rest is the same). It will probably need some "parameters playing"

Scrat:
thank you, mladen.

it works just as i expected - most of the times i use a cross of two averages, open vs close, with the rest of parameters identical for both of them. i asked for the histogram because it is more accurate to show the cross.

can you make a mtf version of this one?

Scrat, made it mtf.

thank you, mrtools.

mrtools:
Scrat, made it mtf.

can either of these indicators be made adaptive?

Reason: