Fractals - page 12

fract.chanls (forums)

var. fract ind (from forums)

Petor

newdigital:
Well.

Place find all the indicators with template.

Settings of SmCCI-RS indicator:

- MessageType - type of the signals

0 - No signals (default)

1 - window's alarm

2 - sound alarm

- MessageSound - sound alarm file name (may be any of yours for example).

Thank You very much, for this Fractals! Thank You!

Petor

FXSamurai:
OK, I needed some time to check the MTF fractal channel indicator out on another PC, because on my usual PC it basically bugs...

Now I've checked it on another PC, and in basic mode the indicator works. But when I try to fiddle around with different settings, using time frame "1" gives strange results, and when I try other settings, I end up crashing on that PC as well...

Also, as far as I can see, the default setting is just the same as for the basic channel indicator. What setting am I supposed to use to get, say, the fractals for every 10 candles?

Anyway, even though it's a great indicator, it is not what I'm really looking for, as far as the task at hand goes.

However, I suddenly kinda saw the light and figured out a simplistic way to get what I'm looking for, although it's not yet how the indicator should really be.

What I did is take the following code:

int start()

{

int D1=1440, H4=240, H1=60, M15=15,B;

double P;[/CODE]

and change it into (for example):

int start()

{

int D1=480, H4=240, H1=120, M15=60,B;

double P;

= basic fractal multiplied by 2, 4 and 8, which gives fractals for every 5, 10, 20, 40 bars

or

[CODE]int start()

{

int D1=252, H4=156, H1=96, M15=60,B;

double P;

= basic fractal as put in a fibonacci sequence, which gives fractals for every 5, 8, 13, 21 bars

See the attached pictures for what this looks like.

But although this little modification is nice to do some backtesting, it only gives the sequences I'm looking for on the 1hr chart (giving the same fractals when viewing a different time frame).

While I could make a seperate version for every time frame, that is definitely not an ideal solution. And I'm not sure yet what the ideal setting should be, as I have to do a lot more backtesting.

So can someone figure out how to program things so that the sequences of the above examples are automatically applied when you change timeframes? (as with the present versions, it's the same fractals that are seen in all timeframes).

It would be even more ideal if it could be possible to freely set the number of bars for every color in the "input" menu, but that is not the first priority.

See the attached modified indicators, for 1hr charts.

Thanks for all help

This Fractals are beautiful! Thank You very much!

Petor

robertinno:
FRACTAL CHANNEL Indicator

This High-Low FChanel is wonderful - simplifies, precise and convenient! Thank You very much!

Petor

Petor:
This High-Low FChanel is wonderful - simplifies, precise and convenient! Thank You very much!

The LW-Fractals, from CodeBase at MetaTrader are good, precise Fractals. Autor is Scriptor!

fractals

I want to make a simple EA (for experimenting) that makes use of fractals. Can anyone point in the right direction as to how to make the EA detect when up and down arrows occur? I seen the fractal function but I dont think it actually reports to the EA the indicators. Thanks for any help i can get!

Petor

robertinno:
i-FractalsEx

extern int Fr.Period = 6; - 6 bars before and 6 bars after the current bar define the fractal

extern int MaxBars = 500; - maximum number of bars for caclucalion

I'm working with i-Fractals EX. This Indicator is perfect! Thank You very much!

Reason: