What happened to the thread? Is it true no one has posted since September?
It wasn't working in the end of september.
Is it possible to modify this indicator to show the ZZ percent for each possible turning points, not only the last one.
And also adding variables of common ZZ indicators
Of course, I just suggested mixing this indicator with DT_ZZ somewhere else; in fact this can be a useful indicator but not in its present form.
I spent few hours and found your indicator.
It is ZigZag Percent indicator.
It is zigzag from TS2000i software converted to Metatrader4 format.
It is free indicator.
Please find attached old indicator (having some bug).
And v1 (attached) fixed by Igorad is most recent fixed one.
Besides I suggest you to look at ZUP indicator v46 in Harmonic thread as nen programmed all possible types of zigzag with fibo and so on just in one indicator here. So up to now the 'harmonic people' are more comfortable with this zigzag indicator so you may ask something in Harmonic section.
And more links related to zigzag:
everything about zigzag:
- indicators, EAs, coding etc is here,
- GoldWarrior EA (Zigzag Trading System) is here,
- ZigZag Channels is here.
- NonLagZigZag indicators is here.
Has anyone ever tried using the previous points on the zigzag to apply fibo's or gann's square, and filtering out the areas which have the strongest confluence of support and resistance lines? Nexgen software is doing something like this. For example:
1. take daily chart and apply zigzag.
2. Use the highs and lows to apply gann's date calculator (see the gann time calc thread for download)
3. the next year's possible highs and lows are projected based on the the starting point (from the zigzag)
4. then move to the next high or low and do the same thing.
5. the future results are all stored, filtered out to show future dates that had multiple hits.
Same approach could be used with fibo's. The point is to use several peaks and timeframes and filter the coincidences so you show only the areas with strongest possibilities.
I just want to remind that Zig Zag for MT4 have two flavors. Previous to build 201 and after Build 201.
1. Fixed drawing of Andrews' Pitchfork when anchoring points are close to each other.
2. Fixed the previous build error of exact search in the iBarShift function if the corresponding bar is not available.
3. Fixed hanging of the WindowScreenShot function for the fixed-scale chart.
4. Tester: When generating fxt files and in case of no connection, there will be an attempt to get the latest known parameters instead of substitution of default values.
5. MQL4: Removed the too strict type check for the 'switch' operator.
6. MQL4: Added expression presence checking after simple assignment operation.
The after build 201 algorithm was developed to avoid some problems with the old one.
You can see in the picture attached how both versions works.
Red is old Magenta is new. Both with 12-5-3
If you are talking about zigzag percent (identical with TradeStation) so it was developed by Igorad with the help of Linuxser in elite section:
whereas DT_ZZ has a feature to show previous estimated turning point before the last which real one ...
this ZZ and other ZZ indicators only show the last and real turning point ... I'm curious to see a such percent numbers for all points as illustrated in DT_ZZ indicator
It should not be difficult as the present indicator shows the percent in real time, but the values will not be recorded.
All turning points (last and real) are located on corresponding borders of Price Channel with the same period.
You mean that previous turning points (unreal ones) are located just where the price crosses the channel? that's amazing
is it possible to distingush such points with dot signals?