Pivot indicators - page 46

Pivot Points "Best Pivot Point Article"

I came across this when reading through Investopedia's "Forex Walkthrough"

It walks you through how to calculate pivot points. which in not needed if you have an indicator, but still good to know why the support and resistance line are where they are.

The most important part for me came toward the middle of the article when it talked about "mid-points". In a range bound market the "mid-points" are very good support and resistance.

Below is the link to the article. Check it out and try the Pivot Points with the "mid-points". They've been working for me.

Forex Walkthrough - Trading - Pivot Points

Is it possible

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT PRICE MAY NOT EVEN STOP AT THE 3rd Support or resistance level? Kindly inform me

Pivot Monday fixed indicator

Hi all, below pivot indicator is doing what i need except i'd like

the option to get rid of all the S/R lines on my chart..

Is there an easy way to get this? Turning the colour of said lines

to none doesn't seem to work from one session to the other.

Just need the the central pivot line showing on my charts.

Any help would be appreciated

Files:

Pivot Point Calculations

I've been seeing this formula difference in the coding of Weekly Pivot Point calculations in different pivot indicators in this thread:

a)

// WeeklyPivot

P = (last_week_high + last_week_low + this_week_open + last_week_close) / 4;

b)

// WeeklyPivot

P = (last_week_high + last_week_low + last_week_close) / 3;

From what I've read about pivot points, I thought that b) was the correct formula. Does anyone know why these formulas would be different? I've seen this variation in monthly pivot point calculations in different indicators as well.

Regards,

dpb.

Soljenitsyne:

simply

1 -- learn to code, take someone clues, some people here will give you the Que

2 -- use another indicators, loads here, choose the one that please you the best, pivot indicator or S/R -- you just have to find it, or specify clearly what do you expect, with dig + words and all your expectation, someone nice here might give one to you

Pivot point only

Soljenitsyne:

Pivot point only as requested

pivot_only_monday_fixed.mq4

Perfect!! Thanks a lot cja, really really appreciate your help.

one more indi

Here is an indicator, which draws daily, weekly and monthly pivots, support and resistance levels. All lines are drawn from the beginning of the timeframe (daily levels - from the beginning of the day etc.). For more information go here.

Regards,

suirad

Mr Cja is it possible if u can add previous day pivot to this indicator? thanks in advance

Files:
pivots.mq4  10 kb

Previous days Pivots

limestreamx:
Mr Cja is it possible if u can add previous day pivot to this indicator? thanks in advance

It was easier than expected i retained the old original code and added in a Days Back and an auto magic number so that you can now load as many days on the chart as required, the screenshot shows current / 1 Day back / 2 Days Back. I changed a few of the inputs to assist in loading extra Pivots I removed all the individual line colors and put them into groups for example the R Pivots / S Pivots and M Pivots have a separate color input plus I also changed the line and text shift so that the shift numbers are now plus numbers.

pivots_v1.mq4

Another way to display the extra Pivots not quite as confusing as the above screenshot

Files:
pivots.gif  27 kb
pivots2.gif  27 kb
pivots_v1.mq4  11 kb
Reason: