Mt4 installer is installing Mt5??

Hello im new here on mt5 forum, not sure if this is where im meant to be but cant find the Mt4 forum, Ive been using and programming Mt4 for quite a while, now installing to a new computer and the Mt4setup.exe file is installing mt5 instead which is just wierd. Ive tried downloading the mt5 setup to compare and the filesize is different so it seems something strange is going on.

Can anyone see what the problem might be? thanks

eadev:
Hello im new here on mt5 forum, not sure if this is where im meant to be but cant find the Mt4 forum, Ive been using and programming Mt4 for quite a while, now installing to a new computer and the Mt4setup.exe file is installing mt5 instead which is just wierd. Ive tried downloading the mt5 setup to compare and the filesize is different so it seems something strange is going on.

Can anyone see what the problem might be? thanks

you still can download the MT4. but only from the brokers, not from MQL5.COM

note that this forum is for both of them MT4/MT5 

eadev: Hello im new here on mt5 forum, not sure if this is where im meant to be but cant find the Mt4 forum, Ive been using and programming Mt4 for quite a while, now installing to a new computer and the Mt4setup.exe file is installing mt5 instead which is just wierd. Ive tried downloading the mt5 setup to compare and the filesize is different so it seems something strange is going on. Can anyone see what the problem might be? thanks

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Download MT4 from metaquotes downloads MT5

Keith Watford, 2017.01.09 12:49

I have contacted the service desk about this issue.

This is what I sent them....

Their response....

Not a satisfactory response at all!

I have replied....

Waiting to see how they respond.........

Thanks for the replies, Wow thats quite troubling!

Certainly a very confusing way to push the new platform and a way to alienate long time users. indeed please remove the download option for Mt4 for christs sake! VERY annoying!!

So does this mean mt4 will be axed from brokers soon? is there any point in developing more in mql4?

Im all game to learn the new platform but from what ive read in the past mql4 seemed the better language for the end user at least.

My prefered broker is mt4 only (and web for manual) can the new platform at least interface with an mt4 broker?

Thanks for any input, of course its time to do a lot of research. hopefully mt5 is a good coding environment or its time to search elswhere.

meta trader 4 i think older version of software and meta trader 5 new software with i guess new functions.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 64 bit is becoming nessery for compatibility with windows 10 and new pcs

honest_knave, 2017.01.17 15:44

I don't think anybody disputes whether MT4 is still in use.

The debate is about how long it has left, considering:

• The MQL4 language was overhauled to be broadly compatible with MQL5
  • The backwards compatibility with old code was mostly stopped
  • Comments made in the press and the service desk by MetaQuotes indicating they do not wish to develop MT4 any further
  • The MQL4 forums got shut down
  • The MT4 installer now installs MT5
  • The pricing structure for broker licences was significantly changed to favour MT5

I have both MT4 and MQL5 accounts and I would like to be a signal subscriber to copy trades but my Broker does not support signal copying.

Please advise on how I can register as a signal subscriber

Rgds

Simango

Hi, I am new here. 
I have a MAC Pro and would like to know if there is a way to download Meta Trader 5 on it.

Kind regards

Pat 

TiTe Braz:

Hi, I am new here. 
I have a MAC Pro and would like to know if there is a way to download Meta Trader 5 on it.

Kind regards

Pat 

The article about HowTo: METATRADER 5 ON MAC OS

---------

Some information which may be important in case you are planning to use the Signals or/and the Market:

eadev: not sure if this is where im meant to be but cant find the Mt4 forum,
  1. You posted on the Automated Trading and Strategy Testing Forum/General - MQL5 programming forum
  2. The MT4 forum is at the bottom Automated Trading and Strategy Testing Forum/MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum

Installing MT4 and MT5 on the same computer system , it safe to do so?  Thank you.
Reason: