Mt4 installer is installing Mt5?? - page 3

So many people still wanting to have MT4.... Feels like it has now become a precious dinosaur... I am attaching the dinosaur skeleton. 

Just unpack the "MT4_Portable.zip" into a folder of your choice. and double-click on terminal.exe. Then just login using your account details and populate the MQL4/Indicators and scripts. I hope I deleted all of mine... not leaving any details about my account :-).

Unpack also the "metaeditor.zip" into the folder MT4_Portable (the same folder as terminal.exe). I had to attach the metaeditor separately since the original file exceeded the allowed file size.

I named this "portable" although it is not really portable... It writes some folders/files in the AppData/Roaming folder. It is, however, in a way portable as I use it from a USB key, including on laptops without admin rights.

I do hope people who are still in search for MT4, can make use of the attached files. This is the latest version 1090.

Profitable trading!

Files:
MT4_Portable.zip  10772 kb
metaeditor.zip  15878 kb

thanks hey that really helped alot

Prevent the update of the MT4 platform.

DO NOT use the metaquotes server.

If you use it, the MT4 version will be updated.

And it will not open again, it will close quickly.

I think it's not a mistake.

It is a trap to avoid the use of MT4

MT4 behaves like a virus and causes serious problems to the user.

Update version 1090 with a version that prohibits us from using MT4.
It causes the update of all the terminals, it spreads like a virus.
And it prohibits the MT4 user from using the accounts of the brokers.
When you try to open the Terminal, it closes immediately.
Today it has happened again.
I had to search all Terminal.exe of the computer and delete them.
Then I have installed version 1090.
A shame the behavior of a large company like Metaquotes.

rosspet6:

So many people still wanting to have MT4.... Feels like it has now become a precious dinosaur... I am attaching the dinosaur skeleton. 

Just unpack the "MT4_Portable.zip" into a folder of your choice. and double-click on terminal.exe. Then just login using your account details and populate the MQL4/Indicators and scripts. I hope I deleted all of mine... not leaving any details about my account :-).

Unpack also the "metaeditor.zip" into the folder MT4_Portable (the same folder as terminal.exe). I had to attach the metaeditor separately since the original file exceeded the allowed file size.

I named this "portable" although it is not really portable... It writes some folders/files in the AppData/Roaming folder. It is, however, in a way portable as I use it from a USB key, including on laptops without admin rights.

I do hope people who are still in search for MT4, can make use of the attached files. This is the latest version 1090.

Profitable trading!

This is the only file in there. Where's the terminal.exe ?

Files:

Sorry guys Im facing the same problem

I tried to install MT4 (2021/04/18), Well, MT4Setup.exe ... ehmm, it ends up installed as MT5, downloaded straight from Metaquotes. Besides, the MT5 is so buggy it's a nightmare! You need an auto-restart program to even use it. It never finishes 99% of the back tests without quitting unexpectedly leaving the testing window hanging, it doesn't resume, the mobile app itself lacks a ton of easy to code features. Like stock-timetable reminders, price line alerts, there's only a possibility of one account at a time on mobile, having to fiddle with the login all the time to swap accounts. The charts in MT5 doesn't save the templates well because the background color and foreground colors are always lost (they don't properly get re-set as the last saved template). If I had a notebook I'd have a pageful of buggy things and lacking things to write about. However I give them an E for Effort.

MT4 & MT5 on PC chews up way too much RAM and CPU! The program should be optimized or coded up with C or C++ natively and some sections optimized in machine code (like chart drawing procedures, ea module loaders or libraries, make use of multithreading and parallel processing. Fix the VPS as it also gets corrupted should the local instance be corrupted..., it's basically not a fully fledged VPS, but only meant for mirrored settings to an existing MT5 cloud installation on a usually slow [low specs] VPS, if you compare with an ISP hosted VPS, where you can have full access to the OS, Storage and RAM, and other low level settings)

Reason: