Experts: VFX London Breakout - page 7

Hi Vinicius

Can you please look at my History from last Week. I just wanna now it works right or not. Thx.

Ash77:

Hi Vinicius

Can you please look at my History from last Week. I just wanna now it works right or not. Thx.

Hi Ash77,

Your settings are correct. Last week was bad for several pairs of this strategy.

Pairs with positive results last week: EURCAD, GBPJPY, USDCHF, USDJPY.

Kind regards.

Vinicius de Oliveira:

Hi Ash77,

Your settings are correct. Last week was bad for several pairs of this strategy.

Pairs with positive results last week: EURCAD, GBPJPY, USDCHF, USDJPY.

Kind regards.

Hi Vinicius

Thx for your Answer.

I use all your Settings, but he made last Week no Trades in GBPJPY and EURCAD. Do you have a Idea Why not?

Greetings

Ash77:

Hi Vinicius

Thx for your Answer.

I use all your Settings, but he made last Week no Trades in GBPJPY and EURCAD. Do you have a Idea Why not?

Greetings

Please check if the Spread of these pairs is not exceeding the Maximum Spread parameter value.

Vinicius de Oliveira:

Please check if the Spread of these pairs is not exceeding the Maximum Spread parameter value.
Max Spred is 30 Points on both Pairs. I think this is enough.?

Ash77:
Max Spred is 30 Points on both Pairs. I think this is enough.?

It is possible that at the time of the breakout the spread value of these pairs exceeded 30 points, so the positions were not opened.

Vinicius de Oliveira:

It is possible that at the time of the breakout the spread value of these pairs exceeded 30 points, so the positions were not opened.
I cant believe that. Next Week i try with 100 Points and look what happen.

Ash77:
I cant believe that. Next Week i try with 100 Points and look what happen.

Okay, but if the broker charges very high spreads from certain pairs, it's best to leave those pairs out of the strategy, because high spreads can make strategy infeasible.

Hey Guys:)

first of all, I am very greateful for you sharing this bot Vinicius! It's really working great so far!

I started over with a clean account around 2 weeks ago (4th of april) and the 200 account is now at 294.

result

There are only a few things I do different sometimes, I close positions myself sometimes or I move the TP to fibonacci levels or I move the SL to be certain that the open positions will be in profit. I also close them before the weekend.

Most of those positions that you've shown during that bad run Ash77 I closed in profit on this way. On the other hand I also closed positions that we're going to hit the TP.

Last week the GBPJPY pair went great during that new elections anouncement in UK.

GBPJPY

Friday afternoon I checked the bot and was amazed to see  that all positions were in profit and at the top they were at +60. Which is a lot on a 290 account;) I regret myself for not closing at that moment. I finally closed them before market closing hours for a profit of +5.. Most of the positions we're only a few pips from the TP but had just missed them.. Bit of a bummer, but again a profitable day;)

Hi Vinicius, and thanks for sharing the EA,

I have trouble backtesting. Everything seems to be ok but the backtest does not work. Below is the journal entry

2017.04.23 19:03:05.415 2016.09.05 00:00:00  VFX_London_Breakout inputs: LondonOpen=36000; PosMonday=2; PosTuesday=2; PosWednesday=2; PosThursday=2; PosFriday=2; PosRiskBy=0; PosRisk=2; StopLoss=300; TakeProfit=600; MaxRange=380; MinRange=110; BreakRange=10; MaxSpread=15; Slippage=20; MagicNumber=112233;

2017.04.23 23:30:03.094 TestGenerator: spread set to 10

Kindly assist.

thanks 

Reason: