Tick data from Duka / Earview

Hello, if I download the tickdata from duka / eareview but I am using a different broker: will the indicators/oscillators values of my broker become those of duka's?

Thanks!

EQGGG: Hello, if I download the tickdata from duka / eareview but I am using a different broker: will the indicators/oscillators values of my broker become those of duka's?

Obviously yes! It will be slightly different because you are using the tick data (FXT files) and OHLC Bars (HST files) based on Dukascopy history data and not data from your Broker.

That is why, you should install a different setup, just for back-testing. You should never use your standard setup for that, even if it is a Demo account.

You should always keep the two setups separate from each other.

Thanks Fernando!

So since my strategy is mostly based on indicator levels better I use my broker's incomplete tick data with accurate broker's indicator levels than Duka's complete price data with wrong indicator's levels I understand?!

Since I'm using a different broker price ticks of Dukas are not even that accurate for my broker anyways... so this 100% tick data accuracy seems really meaningless unless one trade on pure action pricing (provided the broker's ticks are close - but never similar - to Duka's! With different liquidity providers ticks are never the same I understand...)

Rgds.

EQGGG: So since my strategy is mostly based on indicator levels better I use my broker's incomplete tick data with accurate broker's indicator levels than Duka's complete price data with wrong indicator's levels I understand?!

Since I'm using a different broker price ticks of Dukas are not even that accurate for my broker anyways... so this 100% tick data accuracy seems really meaningless unless one trade on pure action pricing (provided the broker's ticks are close - but never similar - to Duka's! With different liquidity provided ticks are never the same I understand...)

If your strategy is so "sensitive" that a minor differences in OHLC broker values throws it off, then you might as well dump that strategy; because it is guaranteed to fail!

Hi Fernando,

I think you misunderstood: my strategy is not based on pricing at all (OHLC refers to Open, High, Low, Close prices I understand) but on indicators' values... However, from broker to broker indicator values can vary a lot (I mean more than 20%) depending on actual trades taking place on their servers and their LPs... so I think it is just pointless for me to waste time testing complete/accurate ticks with Duka's if my strategy if based on indicators' levels and I'm using a different broker...?

Rgds.

EQGGG: I think you misunderstood: my strategy is not based on pricing at all (OHLC refers to Open, High, Low, Close prices I understand) but on indicators' values... However, from broker to broker indicator values can vary a lot (I mean more than 20%) depending on actual trades taking place on their servers and their LPs... so I think it is just pointless for me to waste time testing complete/accurate ticks with Duka's if my strategy if based on indicators' levels and I'm using a different broker...?

And what do you think Indicator values are based on? They are based on the OHLC values (or the tick volume) of the Bars .

If your indicator's values sway so much (20%), then either your indicator is "too sensitive" (or related to tick volume) or your broker is a dealing desk with their own agenda by trading against their own customers and their data feed is completely off.

If it is the broker, then consider switching to a reliable one!

For informational purposes only, you can use MT5. If you use it, you can backtest with real tick data downloaded from your broker, so you will not have those problems and will not depend only on Dukascopy data.

I hope this will help. Regards and a big hug.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez: For informational purposes only, you can use MT5. If you use it, you can backtest with real tick data downloaded from your broker, so you will not have those problems and will not depend only on Dukascopy data.

With all due respect, we know your view on MT4/5, but this is the MT4 section of the Forum, not the MT5. It is no longer a dedicated site and it is now just a small section, so please respect it as well as the user's choice.

Fernando Carreiro:

With all due respect, we know your view on MT4/5, but this is the MT4 section of the Forum, not the MT5. It is no longer a dedicated site and it is now just a small section, so please respect it as well as the user's choice.

I'm getting tired Fernando. I respect everyone, but you don't respect me.  I have only reported another option. Everyone can choose what they want. But I can comment what I think appropriate, as long as it is not disrespecting anyone, don't you think ???.

I do not need anyone to call my attention, when I am not disrespecting anyone

Please respect me. Otherwise, please do not quote any of my comments ever again..

Thanks.
Reason: