Back Test And Forex

Hello

I download different platforms

The results of backtesting are really different from one platform to another!

With Fx Pro: I happen to do any ! Figure plunging always late

The results to be closest, without being identical, are between WHC Trader and Active Trader.

I do not understand why

Have you an explanation?

Good Sunday

Gerard

The reason why backtested results are so different is because mt4s backtester is CRAP!

LEFEUVRE:
HelloI download different platformsThe results of backtesting are really different from one platform to another!With Fx Pro: I happen to do any ! Figure plunging always late The results to be closest, without being identical, are between WHC Trader and Active Trader. I do not understand why Have you an explanation? Good Sunday Gerard

This is because the backtesters don't have all the previous data, sometimes a few hours of each day are missing..

that's why you always get different results..

thank very much you for your answers

Gérard

fxvoilaaa:
The reason why backtested results are so different is because mt4s backtester is CRAP!

I have to agree with this. More importantly for me is that I don't know what exactly is going on inside of it. It seems to spit out numbers without any clear reason as to why...

I've moved all my backtesting and trading system development over to Forex Tester. It's easier to work with, it shows you exactly what's going on (you can watch it trade bar by bar or tick by tick and see exactly what is happening inside your system) and if you ever have any questions you can just ask the guy who wrote it - he's right there on the forum almost every day. Try getting answers from the guy who wrote MT4's back tester!!

Tantalus:
I have to agree with this. More importantly for me is that I don't know what exactly is going on inside of it. It seems to spit out numbers without any clear reason as to why... I've moved all my backtesting and trading system development over to Forex Tester. It's easier to work with, it shows you exactly what's going on (you can watch it trade bar by bar or tick by tick and see exactly what is happening inside your system) and if you ever have any questions you can just ask the guy who wrote it - he's right there on the forum almost every day. Try getting answers from the guy who wrote MT4's back tester!!

How about "Visual mode" in backtesting on MT4? It shows how EA trades tick by tick. However problem is, that there are too little history data (only 4 ticks in one minute), so results are not accurate. Also widened spreads and slippages is not counted in results. For longer timeframe strategies results are more acurate, while those who use 1 minute or even ticks in signal calculation can show very different results.

Depends on which brokers feeds you are using and what is their tick data. The tick data varies from broker to broker..so does your ea backtesting result..:-)

Besides that backtesting is ideal to give a small idea wheter your system is profitable or not.

but the biggest idea you get for your system is trading it live or on demo's (so the forward testing)

chunnel:
Besides that backtesting is ideal to give a small idea wheter your system is profitable or not.but the biggest idea you get for your system is trading it live or on demo's (so the forward testing)

I agree, no testing can substitute live trading on demo/live account.

Backtesting can give you a fair idea though!

Reason: