MT4 64 bit is becoming nessery for compatibility with windows 10 and new pcs

Hello

Unfortunately, I decided to migrate to a different laptop with a new windows 10 installed 
The manufacturing are becoming fans of 64 bit operating system. Therefore, they sell their new product with one option ( 64 bit ) operating system and backup.

Means you don't have a choice to choose which system you want to install (32 bit or 64 bit ). 
M64 bit is must with all new products unless if you are going to install a fresh operating system where you can chose which system you like. (( you might face difficulty to find drivers for 32 bit for your pc - this if you could find them ))

MQL5 is still not making MT4 version for 64 bit system which means if you install The current MT4 it will download the 32 bit files. In this case the platform might not become compitable with 64 bit system which means some of your product you buy or download might not work very well!! (( lose of money, effort and time)).

Hope there will be an update of the MT4 platform soon for the 64 bit systems

SAD and Unhappy

What are you talking about ?

There is no problem to run MT4 on a 64-bits OS.

There will never exist a 64-bits MT4 version, forget it.

Alain Verleyen:

What are you talking about ?

There is no problem to run MT4 on a 64-bits OS.

There will never exist a 64-bits MT4 version, forget it.

Of course, As I Said. Not all your bought products will work fine. Windows will emulate to work the Metatrader 32 bit but you will not be able to run it as if it's built for 64 bit system.

Fx taster:
Of course, As I Said. Not all your bought products will work fine. Windows will emulate to work the Metatrader 32 bit but you will not be able to run it as if it's built for 64 bit system.
That's not true.

Fx taster: Metatrader 32 bit but you will not be able to run it as if it's built for 64 bit system.
32 bit applications run under 64 Win 10 just fine. You are wrong.

Do you want a 64 bits platform???. You have to use MT5.  There will not be any further developments for MT4. That's what MetaQuotes announced. Regards.

Alain Verleyen:
That's not true.
whroeder1:
32 bit applications run under 64 Win 10 just fine. You are wrong.

I think you guys don't understand the programs compatiblaity issue between 32 bit and 64 bit and I already lost some thousend buckses trying to run the MT4 with no errors but failed. Thats why prgram producers releases different type of platform compitable with the operating system to run whther 32 bit or 64 bit.

How do I run 32-bit software once I have installed 64-bit Windows?

Windows 64-bit provides a 32-bit compatibility mode called WOW64 (Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit) that should run most if not all your applications
https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/32-bit-and-64-bit-explained.htm
32-bit and 64-bit explained
32-bit and 64-bit explained
  • www.techsupportalert.com
Will this 32-bit software run on my 64-bit operating system? or Will this 64-bit software run on my computer? If you have asked these questions then this tutorial should help you to understand the concepts of 32-bit and 64-bit computing. We'll look at your computer system as three parts: the hardware, the operating system and the application...

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
Do you want a 64 bits platform???. You have to use MT5.  There will not be any further developments for MT4. That's what MetaQuotes announced. Regards.

not all brokers run MT5 plaatforms

also lots of products I already bought from mql5 runs MT4

Fx taster: I think you guys don't understand the programs compatiblaity issue between 32 bit and 64 bit and I already lost some thousend buckses trying to run the MT4 with no errors but failed. Thats why prgram producers releases different type of platform compitable with the operating system to run whther 32 bit or 64 bit.
32 bit MT4 runs just fine on my 64 bit win 10. There is no compatibility problem for me. If your EA doesn't work, it is because your EA is broken. Don't blame the car's engine when you have a flat tire.

Alain Verleyen:
That's not true.
Are you sure???. In Windows 7 x64, 32 bits applications run in a virtual machine wich emulates a 32 bits OS. Is not it the same thing in Windows 10??. Regards.

Fx taster:

not all brokers run MT5 plaatforms

also lots of products I already bought from mql5 runs MT4

We have to upgrade to MT5. It's the future. MT4 is slowly dying. Ask your broker for migrate to MT5. Regards.
Reason: