Key obstacle affecting the growth and expansion of MT5 and MQL5 community - page 4

Yes but is that meaning MT5 stopped by itself because Windows 10 build is no more supported ?

Alain Verleyen #:
Yes but is that meaning MT5 stopped by itself because Windows 10 build is no more supported ?

No, I do not know why MT5 was stopped.

In the beginning I was thinking that this Windows 10 is 32-bit ... yes I saw something as "Metatrader 5 x64" ... but this MT5 64-bit does not work ...
So, why was this MT5 64-bit installed but - does not work (stopped)?
If MT5 64-bit was installed so this Windows is 64-bit .. and MT5 should work on this Windows, but it does not ...

It should be some reason.

Alain Verleyen #:

You have a somewhat outdated Windows 10 version : build 18362

Please check that, why isn't updated to a more recent version ?

Also as shown by Sergey, is the problem also arise with an account where there is no open positions ?

More info on my operating system.

-------------------------------------------------

Device specifications:

----------------------------

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPUT @2.80GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Manufacturer: DELL

--------------------------------

Windows specifications

----------------------

Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version: 1903

Installed on : 2019/09/20

OS build: 18362.1016

----------------------

So I tried to connect on account without open positions, I get same problem.

I bought this laptop with OS ( Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language) installed.

As you said may be this edition of OS is the problem.

I started the Windows update App to check for any Windows updates, it is still running checking for updates.

I will wait to see if it installs any updates.  Thanks for your support

DoctorTanzanite #:

More info on my operating system.

-------------------------------------------------

Device specifications:

----------------------------

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPUT @2.80GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Manufacturer: DELL

--------------------------------

Windows specifications

----------------------

Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version: 1903

Installed on : 2019/09/20

OS build: 18362.1016

----------------------

So I tried to connect on account without open positions, I get same problem.

I bought this laptop with OS ( Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language) installed.

As you said may be this edition of OS is the problem.

I started the Windows update App to check for any Windows updates, it is still running checking for updates.

I will wait to see if it installs any updates.  Thanks for your support

Thanks, please keep us posted.

Neal D Collenburg Jr #:
I've been running MT5 for a few years on Win 10 and never experienced this. I actually have run multiple instances on the same machine. I'd do what the other suggested, check the event logs on your PC to see exactly why the program keeps crashing. 

What version/build of MT5 are you using? Please share the details. I would like to try it

Alexandre Borela #:

I never experienced this problem and I've been using MT5 for a long time. Have tried to use it without any custom indicator or EA loaded (a clean installation)?

Windows has Event Viewer, there, in Windows Logs > Application you can see the error message related to metatrader, what error does it show?

What version/build of MT5 are you using? Please share the details. I would like to try it

DoctorTanzanite #:

Windows:
Edition: Windows 10 Pro x64
Version: 20H2
OS Build: 19042.1165
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Metatrader 5 Beta 3036

Alain Verleyen #:
Thanks, please keep us posted.

After trying many old versions of MT5, I managed to find an old version that works on Windows 10 Home Single Language Version: 1903.

I am are using MT5 build 2361. It works fine. It doesn't shutdown. The challenge will be to stop new automatic updates. Once the software get updates, the problem is gonna come back.

If MT5 team can resolve this issue, it will be vey much appreciated so that we get the benefit of new features in new MT5 versions.

Another alternative is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro but we won't manage that at the moment.

Thank you for all your support.

Reason: