MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 646: New Smart Search, Books in the Market and Updated Window of MQL4 Application Settings - page 8

deysmacro:
You can also disable trading per ea in ea properties.

yes.. but it is very unconvenient if we attach more than one EA.

i think it is better the old way like in build 509

we don't need to enable auto trading button to run a Script

You can try giving suggestion to Service Desk so that they exclude Script.

deysmacro:
You can try giving suggestion to Service Desk so that they exclude Script.
Don't waste your time with that.

It seems like "print" messages in the code are not saved in the log file. Could you please add them?

It's easier to debug.

Thanks
greg

Greg_:

It seems like "print" messages in the code are not saved in the log file. Could you please add them?

It's easier to debug.

Thanks
greg

All messages are saved in the log file, but not all are shown in the Experts tab. Check the file with a text editor.

angevoyageur:
All messages are saved in the log file, but not all are shown in the Experts tab. Check the file with a text editor.
I did, i have a print for each trade sent, and i couldn't find the print in the log file in the \log folder

Greg_:
I did, i have a print for each trade sent, and i couldn't find the print in the log file in the \log folder

Which "\log" folder ?

angevoyageur:
Which "\log" folder ?

When you to in MT4 in the file menu and you select "open data folder" and there there is a LOG folder.

I then open the TXT with the date name.

I'll check in tomorrow's log if there are my print messages.

I am really wanting to embrace the new OOP style of programming versus the procedural way that I now employ ...however I am having trouble finding real world examples of a script, indicator, or EA coded for forex trading here on mql4.com.. I see in the documentation they resort to the shapes in a tetris game to explain classes and such. But I'm not interested in making a game.. I need to see a real world MQ4 file with it's included mqh class files that I can wrap my head around in order to 'see the light' so to speak as to why, as far as profitable forex trading goes, any of this OOP stuff was necessary..

Again I'm not looking for a debate on whether it WAS necessary or not .. or all the advantagages or disadvantages of one over the other... I am merely looking for some files to download and examine here on Mql4.com... not on mql5.com..
Can someone please direct me?

PipPip...Jimdandy

Jimdandy:

I am really wanting to embrace the new OOP style of programming versus the procedural way that I now employ ...however I am having trouble finding real world examples of a script, indicator, or EA coded for forex trading here on mql4.com.. I see in the documentation they resort to the shapes in a tetris game to explain classes and such. But I'm not interested in making a game.. I need to see a real world MQ4 file with it's included mqh class files that I can wrap my head around in order to 'see the light' so to speak as to why, as far as profitable forex trading goes, any of this OOP stuff was necessary..

Again I'm not looking for a debate on whether it WAS necessary or not .. or all the advantagages or disadvantages of one over the other... I am merely looking for some files to download and examine here on Mql4.com... not on mql5.com..
Can someone please direct me?

PipPip...Jimdandy

At the risk of sparking debate, why on Earth would you bother with OOP to write straight-forward trading EAs? The real advantage comes with reusabilty. If you are building classes that you and others might use many times over... definitely the way to go. If not, maybe OOP is of marginal benefit.
Reason: