MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 646: New Smart Search, Books in the Market and Updated Window of MQL4 Application Settings - page 12

SDC:

Terminal build 646 does not respect the time when beginning a new bar, it starts the new bar several seconds before the supposed end time of that bar.

Sorry but I don't get your point, can you be more clear please ?

Well I mean there should never be a new bar beginning at 11:59:5x seconds because any tick before 12:00:00 belongs to the previous bar. But many times a new bar starts several seconds before the correct open time.

SDC:
Well I mean there should never be a new bar beginning at 11:59:5x seconds because any tick before 12:00:00 belongs to the previous bar. But many times a new bar starts several seconds before the correct open time.
First part is clear, but sorry but I still don't get it your point. Are you reporting a bug in build 646 ?

angevoyageur:
First part is clear, but sorry but I still don't get it your point. Are you reporting a bug in build 646 ?

Or is it related to broker feeds since mine is opened few seconds later.

DeepThought:

Indeed, and OnEvent has the same problem.

Sleep(), OnTimer(), OnEvent() - all are messed up if you compile anything (does not matter what - it does not have to be related to the running code at all). It will affect any code using those functions (indicators, scripts, EAs) in the moment of compilation

And all such running stuff require that you restart terminal or they will not work as they should.  Error is caused by the compiler

darekzj:

I found problems with version 650 and 652.

Aft er recompiilation of live working in Terminal  EA or Indicator :

- OnTimer function not triggers

Reopening Terminal eliminates problem.

Reproduced.

Just reopen chart to eliminate problem.

mladen:

Sleep(), OnTimer(), OnEvent() - all are messed up if you compile anything (does not matter what - it does not have to be related to the running code at all). It will affect any code using those functions (indicators, scripts, EAs) in the moment of compilation

And all such running stuff require that you restart terminal or they will not work as they should.  Error is caused by the compiler

Could you explain the problem with OnEvent and Sleep?

alexvd:

Could you explain the problem with OnEvent and Sleep?

Sleep, for example, starts to "sleep" 10 seconds (or some random time interval but anything it has been given) instead of given interval in milliseconds (in my case 250 milliseconds)

PS: I hardly believe that restarting terminal each time when I compile a peace of code is a solution. All the best

deysmacro:

Or is it related to broker feeds since mine is opened few seconds later.
I don't know, I have emailed my broker in case it is their fault maybe their clocks are not set accurately.

For those who are concerned: the label positioning problem has been fixed in beta build 654.
Reason: