MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 646: New Smart Search, Books in the Market and Updated Window of MQL4 Application Settings - page 10

Code profiler is not working in build 646. Editior build 934.

kimo:

Why after build 646 I can't run Custom indicator see the picture

Which language is set in system locale settings of your OS?

I've an indicator that require some minutes of calculation in order to draw first time bars (not all chart bars, but only some hundred).

After initial calculation it adds only a single bar at time (obviously) with low processor time consumption.

But for the initial time that is required to draw initial bars, MT4 is hanged up.

It seems that MT4 don't start a new thread when a new chart is created (and expert or indicator are added to that thread), it seems instead that all MetaTrader task are stopped until the indicator exits from the OnCalculation function.

Not a good thing, this limits MetaTrader indicators to only simple, low CPU consumption algorithms.

positiveday:
It seems that MT4 don't start a new thread when a new chart is created (and expert or indicator are added to that thread), it seems instead that all MetaTrader task are stopped until the indicator exits from the OnCalculation function.

Not a good thing, this limits MetaTrader indicators to only simple, low CPU consumption algorithms.

It is not a new feature with the build 646. Indicators share a thread, while the experts and scripts rather have a dedicated thread. The documentation displays this information correctly. I think the logic for this design is quite appropriate.

DeepThought:
It is not a new feature with the build 646. Indicators share a thread, while the experts and scripts rather have a dedicated thread. The documentation displays this information correctly. I think the logic for this design is quite appropriate.

Yes, I know that it's not a "new feature", it's an old limit that should be removed.

From my point of view, also in the actual MT4 version (that is miles away from ancient builds < 600) there are very little things "quite appropriate".

positiveday:

Yes, I know that it's not a "new feature", it's an old limit that should be removed.

From my point of view, also in the actual MT4 version (that is miles away from ancient builds < 600) there are very little things "quite appropriate".

Horse lovers have also criticized the introduction of the automobile.

angevoyageur:
Horse lovers have also criticized the introduction of the automobile.

Lol, I would not call the 646 a horse. It is definitively a car, though still running on iron tires.

DeepThought:

Lol, I would not call the 646 a horse. It is definitively a car, though still running on iron tires.

alexvd:
Which language is set in system locale settings of your OS?

I changed the setting of OS  to English U.S. and there are no problem

thanks

kimo:

I changed the setting of OS  to English U.S. and there are no problem

thanks

This problem fixed in 650 build of client terminal.

Reason: