MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 646: New Smart Search, Books in the Market and Updated Window of MQL4 Application Settings - page 14

onewithzachy:

Nope. both code has the same comparison. See yourself, I colored them to compare.

I doubt that. Check the parentheses.

if( TimeDay(TimeCurrent() > TimeDay(expired) && TimeMonth(TimeCurrent()) >= TimeMonth(expired) && 
       TimeYear(TimeCurrent()) >= TimeYear(expired)) )
TimeDay()  function call needs closing parentheses. You have an extra closing parentheses at the end of the condition I think that has put the entire condition is within the TimeDay() function call. I expect TimeDay() will return an error value, probably 1970.

radu:

Yes, you can delete them when the MT4 terminal is not running.

These files are the log files of your expert / indicator activity. The big file size indicates that you've some faulty, or poorly programmed expert/indicator which has a recurring error or too much logging. These messages are constantly been written to the logfiles when a tick (price change) came in. So if you would like to avoid this, you have to check your indicators/experts one by one and find the faulty one. You could open these files with Notepad for example, or just have a glimpse in the "Experts" tab of the Terminal panel.

Thank you.

SDC: I would rewrite it like this 
if( TimeDay(TimeCurrent() > TimeDay(expired) )
{if( TimeMonth(TimeCurrent() >= TimeMonth(expired) ) 
 {if( TimeYear(TimeCurrent() >= TimeYear(expired) )
  1. Also if TimeDay(expired) == 31, then the test always fails. If expired is February 2014 the test fails for every January. Etc.
  2. I would have written it like this
    #define HR2400 (PERIOD_D1 * 60)  // 86400 = 24 * 3600
    int      TimeOfDay(datetime when=0){      if(when == 0)  when = TimeCurrent();
                                              return( when % HR2400 );            }
    datetime DateOfDay(datetime when=0){      if(when == 0)  when = TimeCurrent();
                                              return( when - TimeOfDay(when) );   }
    datetime Tomorrow( datetime when=0){      if(when == 0)  when = TimeCurrent();
                                              return(DateOfDay(when) + HR2400);   }
    //datetime Yesterday(datetime when=0){      if(when == 0)  when = TimeCurrent();
    //   int iD1 = iBarShift(NULL, PERIOD_D1, DateOfDay(when) - 1);
    //                                       return( iTime(NULL, PERIOD_D1, iD1) ); }
    :
    if( TimeCurrent() >= Tomorrow(expired) 

which is the number maximum number of externs I can have in an expert, without having any crash during optimization?

beacuse i just realized the mt4 crashes always, with some hundred of externs, during optimization, even only 2 or 3 are currently being optimized

didjeridoo:

which is the number maximum number of externs I can have in an expert, without having any crash during optimization?

beacuse i just realized the mt4 crashes always, with some hundred of externs, during optimization, even only 2 or 3 are currently being optimized

Can you write a request in Servicedesk? See the article MQL5.community - User Memo => 5. Service Desk

I have subscribed to vps.  It is windows 2008.  I am running mt4 646 portable mode.

When I uploaded my indicators and tried running it, it says cannot open files.  

I have to recompile the indicators in the server before it can be added.

Is this normal?  I would like to just copy ex4 file and it should work instead of duplicating my source codes in the server and recompile to work.

williamwong:

I have subscribed to vps.  It is windows 2008.  I am running mt4 646 portable mode.

When I uploaded my indicators and tried running it, it says cannot open files.  

I have to recompile the indicators in the server before it can be added.

Is this normal?  I would like to just copy ex4 file and it should work instead of duplicating my source codes in the server and recompile to work.

If you are sure that you do everything correct you should write ticket to Servicedesk please. See the aerticle MQL5.community - User Memo =>
5. Service Desk
Reason: